Flying high

By jkim - 08/09/2014 17:56 - United States - San Diego

Today, my husband injured his back badly. He's taken three Percocets, because according to him, he knows the dosage better than his doctor, and is demanding that I let him drive himself to work, with no pants on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 798
You deserved it 3 950

Same thing different taste

Comments

I know it is a pain in the ass to deal with, but get that shit on video. It will be great for a laugh later.

skittyskatbrat 19

A laugh and evidence that he really was that messed up and needs to listen to you :D

PoisonOrchid 21

Excellent plan #45. Every time they argue she can hold his poor judgment while high over his head. I don't see this leading to any resentment in their marriage at all.

good point 58, I'm sure his demanding attitude never comes out without meds and OP never feels resentment

PoisonOrchid 21

So take the numerous examples that happen when he's not under the influence of drugs and shove them in his face instead of holding something like this over his head, which if he is as much of a demanding asshole all the time as you are assuming he is, won't mean anything to him anyway because he will know he was ****** up at the time. If there really is already this much resentment in their marriage and he is that demanding all the time, maybe they need marriage counselling, not blackmail videos. The idea of taping it is great for a good laugh (I upvoted that suggestion), but not for blackmail purposes.

well I'm %75 with you but I would call it more evidence for a potential divorce case over calling it blackmail. my simple statement on it is that drugs didn't make him demanding and hard headed, he already was.

PoisonOrchid 21

Haha I can agree with that notion. Drugs don't cause personality traits that aren't there. They can heighten them though. I wasn't coming from the stand point that they already were having marital problems, but if she is planning to divorce him, this tape would be mighty funny in arbitration.

#58 and #63 Please just go to couples therapy already.

skittyskatbrat 19

His doctor told him not to. I bet she did too. And he ignored them both and ignored the warnings. If he'd gotten out on the road someone could easily have died. Hell yes hold this over his head.... He made those decisions about overdosing and ignoring the doctor's directions before he was drugged stupid.

justlooking1967 3

Sounds like he understands his limits.

This is funny, but it's also possibly dangerous. Percocet contains acetominophen (Tylenol). Too much of that can damage your liver. The maximum safe dose for the average person is 4000 milligrams per day. Please make sure he's not taking too much, and also make sure he's avoiding other medications that also contain acetominophen (it's in a lot of over the counter flu/cold & allergy & pain medications).

Taking 3 Percocets has about the same amount of paracetamol (acetaminophen) as 2 extra-strength pills. McNeil (the maker of Tylenol) recently decreased their maximum recommended daily dosage from 4000 to 3000 mg.

dave20012 15

Hahha damn that's a good buzz.! But I hope he calmed down and realized what he'd almost done..that' woulda been an embarrassing story to hear about him showing up To work with no pants on

the sign board says drive sober ..not drive with your pants on...

Well if he had to pick up pizza there wouldn't be an issue just a thought process

Been there!!! Haha. They can't see reason. It's so frustrating.