First time

By februarymarchapril - 04/02/2015 03:45 - United States - Austin

Today, I shaved for the first time. My mum gave me a razor and I spent about 20 minutes trying to use it. I gave up, yelling, "FUCK IT!" and put it back on the shelf. It fell, and as it hit the floor, a lid fell off. I'd tried to shave with a sheathed razor for 20 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 662
You deserved it 42 856

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ask your mother for birth control also please, for the sake of the planet.

The times that you wasted ..... Could of went to your garden and grow so much potato and carrots

Comments

Ask your mother for birth control also please, for the sake of the planet.

Merridew 8

But keep in mind, condoms also need to be unwrapped first.

If she's young enough to be just now shaving, she's too young for sex. Most girls need to shave around middle school. Although it happens, girls this age shouldn't be worrying about sex or birth control.

#19 girls don't need to shave if they don't want to. Especially girls in middle school.

cadillacgal79 32

I started shaving around 5th grade, but what I'm wondering is, on my razors it's so damn obvious that there's a lid covering the blades, how could OP not realize it was covered?

#29 they do if they dont want to be bullied. Friend of mine developed early and had to shave when she was 8 if she wanted to wear anything but pants.

If OP's mum handed her the razor directly, I can assume she would have either removed the lid for OP or at least explained that the razors are stored with covers. So if mom didn't, FYL. If she did and you just didn't realize it, YDI.

lilybadilly25 15

#13… she probably didn't realize she needed to since it's pretty damn obvious that there's a lid on there… ESPECIALLY once you start "using" it…

Umm, I think it should be common sense that the razor would be covered. Or at least to check first.

Oh she checked alright, for about 20minutes lmfao

I'm sure worse things have happened with a razor, but still, that's awkward... *prepares for thumbs down*

Lol wow... That's funny hahaha definitely a lil slow but it's ok next time

Get an electric one OP, faster and easier all round...

kewpiesuicide 29

Does anybody else wonder how old OP is? She said that she was shaving for the first time but apparently she yelled obscenities when she dropped the razor and has grammar good enough to be featured here. Either she is a foul mouthed 10-year-old who shouldn't have a problem figuring out logistics of a razor or she is a 16-year-old outcast who can't show her dirty pillows and wonders why her shower water runs red...

Everyone starts shaving (or not) at different ages and there's nothing wrong with that. I started when I was about 13. And I'm not even sure what you were attempting to imply with the whole "16 year old outcast thing", are you trying to say that 16+ year olds who don't shave are dirty or...?

#38 I think that was a reference to the book/movie Carrie, rather than an actual judgement of the OP.

Haha okay, my bad, I've never seen/read it. My point still stands though

The Venn diagram of "young enough to shave for the first time" and "old enough to shout obscenities" is two circles that don't even touch