By Candycane88 - 26/03/2013 14:12 - United States - Hemet

Today, I told my husband that a guy I work with told me that I'm the most beautiful woman he has ever met. My husband replied, "He needs to get out more." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 670
You deserved it 5 763

Candycane88 tells us more.

Lol he wasn't joking, but he wasn't trying to insult me either, in his mind that comment was trying to insult the guy hitting on me, strangely my hubby adores me and is a great guy, it's just funny the way it came out.

Top comments

someone needs to realize the value of what they have

perdix 29

Guys get pissed off when you stir up their jealousy for no good reason. You really shouldn't be telling him that kind of stuff unless the guy at work is really putting the moves on you, and you need your husband to confront him.

Comments

someone needs to realize the value of what they have

courtney680 17

You're husband sounds like a real dick.

I'm sure he was joking. If he wasn't, it's the OP's fault for marrying him. And if you know he could be jealous, why would you even tell him that?

Yes but he should feel proud that other people think she's beautiful and this beautiful woman is with him. That's how my boyfriend takes it.

challan 19

op... I bet your husband was just thrown off guard, and perhaps a bit jealous. Don't let it get you down, enjoy the confidence booster.

mokielove 10

sounds like yall need to spice up the marriage.

Hahahaha snap. Lighten up, I'm sure he was joking.

he could have replied that he sees what the guy was talking about

He was most likely joking, and through OP's sense of humour made this FML.. And #10.. If he said that, it wouldn't be funny.. Though a nice thing to say

Lol he wasn't joking, but he wasn't trying to insult me either, in his mind that comment was trying to insult the guy hitting on me, strangely my hubby adores me and is a great guy, it's just funny the way it came out.

Haha, thanks for the reply.. Still sounds odd in my opinion (men haha). I'm glad it wasn't a shot at you!! Seeing your dp, you look so adorable, I wouldn't believe it to be.

Slaught000 9

30, I can understand poorly worded comments and how they can be misunderstood. But I hope he did try to clarify what he meant.

At least you can look at it in a funny way, and not just stay upset over something that was said wrong.

dmoran20 27

If it was funny then why the FML?

It's great that you understand your husband perfectly. :D I agree with the positive comments, and it's also in the tone that we may not get that he wasn't dissing you.

Bi0xHazard 18

Oh gee, just saw this; disregard my comment; glad he wasn't insulting you

jem970 19

Tell him to go **** himself OP. He should always consider you the most beautiful woman in the world, you're his wife for goodness sake! Time to start doing date night again, wearing sexy dresses, and anything else to get his attention. If he doesn't start to see it again then it might be time to reevaluate this marriage. I am not one to jump on the divorce bandwagon but when you aren't appriciated in a relationship it is time to go. Try to make it work and for him to see why he married you. Try and fix it. Oh! And don't try "swinging" to fix the relationship.

jaime411 11

You don't need to go all self aggrandizing

OhDearBetrayal 25

Not everyone is physically beautiful and honestly it shouldn't matter. If someone tells me that I'm not pretty I'm not going to cut them out of my life because it doesn't mean anything. I can't control my appearance because that's what I was given when I was born. If someone calls my personality ugly then there's reason to lose that person because who you are on the inside is something you can't change.

jem970 19

I didn't say "physically beautiful." If that is the only reason he married her then thats another problem all together. There is more to a relationship than the physical stuff. But if he puts her down like that after receiving a complement do you think thats unhealthy? I sure as hell do.

OhDearBetrayal 25

43- What I mean is that the husband probably took the "most beautiful woman" compliment as one that was towards her physical appearance because I doubt the guy knows her personality which is why the husband commented that the other guy needed to get out more. That doesn't mean that she needs to file for divorce. All it means is that her husband thinks that they guy probably hasn't seen other more physically appealing women. That's not to say that he doesn't love her though.

I would totally say something like that lol I should not be laughing, but I am

perdix 29

#11, yes, me, too, except usually I don't have the heart to tell my colleague that I am actually a man. As long as he doesn't try any funny business in the men's room, he can think what he likes.

So he can try funny business as long as it's not in the men's room? Hmm, good to know.

perdix 29

Guys get pissed off when you stir up their jealousy for no good reason. You really shouldn't be telling him that kind of stuff unless the guy at work is really putting the moves on you, and you need your husband to confront him.

bfsd42 20

Thank you perdix. Just what I was thinking. Op's original comment was either fishing for compliments or trying to stir up some jealousy. He was right to give her a backhanded reply.

Or maybe OPs husband should tell her how beautiful she is and she wouldn't feel the need to remind him...she just wants some lovin (:

"Yeah. Out with me. Don't worry, honey. I'll have him drop me off around noonish tomorrow."