Small mistake

By lorahayes - 05/01/2012 18:39 - United Kingdom

Today, I was on the train listening to my iPod on shuffle. The "Oompa Loompa" song came on, and slightly amused, I started humming it. It wasn't until I noticed that the man next to me was a midget that I understood the horrified looks I was getting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 933
You deserved it 10 288

Same thing different taste

Top comments

:D that's so unfortunate...I hope he didn't kick you in the taco.

At least you enjoyed it for a short while.

Comments

:D that's so unfortunate...I hope he didn't kick you in the taco.

Chihuahua's were originally bred for consumption. Did you eat Taco in a taco?

1- The guy could probably only reach her shins with a kick. Her taco was safe.

Yo dawg!! I heard you love tacos so we named your taco from taco bell taco cause you love tacos so much!

But think of his punching abilities! Her taco is no longer safe :,(

Apperantly #34 listens to diarrhea pouring in a gutter.

YDI for having the Oompa Loompa song on your iPod.

I'm sick of these motherfucking tacos on this motherfucking comment!

lebronesque73091 12

So what? This is a pointless fml.

thiscrazything 1

Who would eat a chihuahua ??

thiscrazything 1

Who would eat a chihuahua ??

ShroomsOnAcid 16

59, As a vegan, I'd rather eat one than have to be around one. My love for animals stops dead at Chihuahuas.

29, who knows, maybe he's a former cheerleader who's really amazing at high kicks?

36, didn't you know that's what ALL the kids are listening to these days!

Is a taco the best burrito u have ever eaten?

I love tacos and burritos and sexy clothes!

At least you enjoyed it for a short while.

Toowoo 3
Eggers 2

At least he wasnt short tempered. Okay, I'll go crawl in a corner now. Sorry.

AlaskanEskimo34 0

Who has that song on their ipod?

AlaskanEskimo34 0

Eh, rocking out i guess. Who am i to judge i have r. kelly on mine so im not any better

Come on people, puns are always intended on fml...

Benelli_SkM 0

No big deal Everyone makes small mistakes Life is short We shouldnt worry about the little things

It's "little person", you inconsiderate jerk! :p

Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Midget Pissed off yet?

Unfortunately yes, sadly. I'll go to the corner, please shoot me...

4- It's just a damn word. Before people became so "politically correct," midget was a perfectly acceptable and widespread word. It could be used medically too, although "dwarf" is more accurate. OP said midget because she is used to using a word from an era where people didn't deem words unacceptable.

I was only kidding, I don't care about being politically correct.

iamesauce 4

There was a point when "******" was a perfectly acceptable word, too. Doesn't make it right.

toalysium 15

If its not carrying a battle axe it's not a dwarf!

desireev 17

It's so funny because MIDGETS actually prefer to be called MIDGETS. Calling them a "little person" is like calling them a kid or saying they count as half. With my work, I have to deal with many MIDGETS and other people with disorders of the sort. It greatly pisses them off when they are called a "little person".

That's interesting, Disireev. I've heard from a number of sources that "little person" is the "polite" phrase, but it always sounded really condescending to me, somehow. I'm not one myself and I don't personally know anyone who is. I don't know what it's like. But just from my separated stance, I feel like I'd personally rather just be "midget" than something that sounds like I'm being called a leprechaun. I've heard at least one or two on TV, however, say they feel the things you're describing about "midget" and not "little person", so it's obvious individual prefs differ. It's hard to be respectful of people even when you really want to, sometimes. Probably best to just ask what they prefer.

Fiskerz 0

Or we can stop being so butt hurt about everything that is said.

it got changed after i submitted it! dont blame me haha

I'm a dwarf, and seriously? We aren't all one person. You cant say 'midgets prefer to be called midgets/little people. Because we all prefer different terms. You're the one being ignorant now.

I would have been all "what? I like this song"

Well, you're ****** already, OP, so just look him right in the eye and say: "Umadbro?"

Amishfury, that makes me think that you are Amish, which makes me wonder how you can get on fml...

Buttsexpirate 9

Sounds like the beginning of a very strange musical number. Should've started singing and dancing and maybe it would've alleviated their horror.

flockz 19
DKjazz 20
HetaliaFreak 10

Could have if she her sister's dog had eaten a hole in the crotch of her pants.

ddssuperstar 0

#129 - that could also explain some of the odd stares she received from onlookers.

_daniellesays_ 10

It's good to know I'm not alone in having Willy Wonka-esque music on my iPod..but yeah, that is just terrible. I think we all feel awkward for you.

perdix 29

You should have started singing, "We represent the lollipop guild" and then finish off with Randy Newman's "Short People." I mean, you're screwed, you just might as well go all the way.

perdix 29

Just don't head-butt me in the nuts, tiny bro!

15, are you looking for a little web fight? Do you think it'll make you appear more masculine? If you've answered yes, then you're pathetic. If you've answered no, you're still pathetic because then that comment is deemed useless.

Manly fights, eh? Well, it doesn't get more manly than comparing penis sizes with other men. Although talking shit on the internet comes pretty close.

Lmao! 79, 42 ruffles your feathers with her opinions but "The A Teen" is the first guy to drop a big ol "**** you" on the world and you don't even notice him? :D That's interesting. :) ps: I like reading what both of them have to say, one's intelligently opinionated, the other......never ceases to amaze me, lol! :D Cheers!

Yeeeeaaaah. I almost don't believe that this is a coincidence. Almost.

KiddNYC1O 20