Easy mark

By supermanj76 - 04/05/2009 02:12 - United States

Today, a man came up to me and asked for a $50 bill in change. Being a good man, I said sure. I gave him the change and he gave me the $50 bill. After walking into Starbucks to buy a coffee, I handed the cashier my $50 bill. She called the cops. It was counterfeit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 883
You deserved it 23 516

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Haha oh man that guy was clever. Sucks for you though. Hope you can find him and kick his ass!

Lesson learned: NEVER EVER change money for someone you don't know! Tell them to go to a shop or bank and change the money there. If they don't want to, you know why. Besides, if he was going to buy something with that money he would've had change automatically. No strangers need be involved. YDI for not using your common sense.

Comments

for the people who say be supsicious if its over 20 dollars- most counterfeits in circulation are in smaller denominations [5s, 10s, and 20s]- yeah, YDI- they're also really easy to spot if you just look at the bill.

why would she call the cops?? she would just say she couldn't accept it, and tell you to go to your bank to exchange it... its not that big of a deal really, to be calling the cops like your a thief.

she shouldnt have called the cops. its not ur fault. my aunt got a counterft $20 bill from one of her patients, then she tried to spend it, not knowing that it was fake, and they just marked it and she had to use a different twenty.

You gave a $50 note for coffee? How expensive is it there? But yeah, sucks, and for them to call the cops too? Ouch.

YDI for not being suspicious. Who carries $50 in cash, anyway?

aquariusbeauty 0

Ouch. That man is a retard/

Well, you do have to give him credit for trying to be helpful. But I would have checked the bill first before I gave the change. haha Idk that's just what I would have done. But there is a way to get that money back. Go to this site: http://tinyurl.com/6r5pj5

I do not comment often, but I felt the need to do so after reading this one; I work at Starbucks, and it is not only against policy, but no cop in any state will respond to a call about recieving a phony bill at a retail store. I have personally caught three fake bills, and gave them back to the customer, informed them it is fake and to contact a bank to get a real bill in its place. Further more, most stores no longer take bills over 20 dollars. Go make up something else, superman.

xx_hayleyy 0

do you know how many starbucks related FMLS there are? im bored.

asdfghjklEMMA 0

LEARN GRAMMAR. ps, you go #73!