Easy mark

By supermanj76 - 04/05/2009 02:12 - United States

Today, a man came up to me and asked for a $50 bill in change. Being a good man, I said sure. I gave him the change and he gave me the $50 bill. After walking into Starbucks to buy a coffee, I handed the cashier my $50 bill. She called the cops. It was counterfeit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 883
You deserved it 23 516

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Haha oh man that guy was clever. Sucks for you though. Hope you can find him and kick his ass!

Lesson learned: NEVER EVER change money for someone you don't know! Tell them to go to a shop or bank and change the money there. If they don't want to, you know why. Besides, if he was going to buy something with that money he would've had change automatically. No strangers need be involved. YDI for not using your common sense.

Comments

Oh my goodness. Seriously you should just walk away like they don't exist. As I said once before, shit like this teaches people not to help others. Sorry.

hahaha #9 I think #6 took "change" to mean coins xD OP...This is why you don't talk to strangers lol, let alone break a $50 bill for them.

@9 OHHH I was going to say when people say "change" I think of coins but that probably has to do more with my currencey than anything else.

That's why it pays to be a bastard and just say 'no' to total strangers.

Kuroftw 0

YDI for not using your head. Why would anyone need a 50 in change?

Sessee 4

Why would you even pay for Starbucks with a 50?

Don't trust a random person when they want change for a $50 or $100 bill. In most cases it's a scam. Not many people even carry huge bills around most of the time.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh change isn't coins...i thought change was coins so i was like YDI for carrying 50$ in change and carrying that around with you and exchanging that.

Honestly, 50s are really the most conterfeited bill. You probably should have been suspicious. Still sucks though.

YDI so bad. as soon as you said yes you deserved to get your entire wallet stolen. consider yourself lucky.