Double standards

By onlywantuanyway - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend again told me how he wants to have an open relationship. Of course, this means he can do what he likes with anyone, but if I so much as kiss someone else, I'm a cheating slut. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 132
You deserved it 8 516

Comments

Dallyni 22

Why stay? He obviously doesn't feel the same way about you. And if the two of you have to sleep around then why even stay in a relationship? Be fwb...

Your name makes me sad because I get the feeling you really love him.

ostfaiz 18
SteppenBeatle 3

I went through this myself, except we were friends with benefits. He was allowed to have sex with whoever he wanted, but I could only have sex with him. Needless to say, I had to give him a big fat no on that one.

CyberGothic 16

If you truly believe you don't deserve to be happy then by all means stay with the cheating rat bastard.

"Open relationship" is just like being friends with benefits. Dump his sorry ass

My friend I commented about earlier is in an open relationship with his boyfriend. He moved 500 km (310 miles) away for his studies and his boyfriend followed him. I hardly think a simple "friend with benefits" would do the same.

NiceGuysDoWin 21

#84 - If you are married to someone, sharing finances, raising a child, and building your lives together, that is not a fwb situation. Just because two people decide that sex outside of that relationship is okay, it does not nullify the relationship as a whole. I understand wanting monogamy and not being willing to share, but if your relationship is only about sex and nothing beyond the sex has any meaning in your relationship, then I feel sorry for you.

ea247 20

Your boyfriend is an asshole you guys can have a really open relationship buy not dating anymore

Honey, drop his ass. If he isn't willing to either do a full open or a full exclusive, no standards, he isn't worth your time. With as many people as there are on this earth, you can find someone that will actually respect you. Good luck.

Please tell me you dumped his ass right then and there

Tawnkat 13

Really? I'd kill him. If It was suggested my bf and I have an open relationship, we would know that it would apply to us both. Sorry about your guy. I'm sure other people have said it but I'm pretty sure that he's only trying to get permission to cheat because he already has and he wants to feel less bad about it. Why are guys such assholes?