Don't make me

By rita - This FML is from back in 2018 but it's good stuff

Today, my 10-year-old daughter hid in her closet all day and did not come out. The reason? She didn't want to eat my pot roast. I didn't realize my cooking was that bad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 245
You deserved it 906

Top comments

nentenkupo 16

If you make other things besides pot roast and she likes them, I wouldn't worry about it.

Were you trying to force her to eat it? That seems a little extreme when she could have just said "No thanks, I don't like pot roast"...

Comments

it's not that it was bad, it's too powerful! She could not deal with the power she would gain from eating it. She knew she would develop force of such magnitude she could roast pots with only her eyes. No one should have the power to roast pots at will.

You're in for another surprise when she comes out of the closet

she hid all day? that really seems like there's more going on.

The struggles of coming out against a mother's cooking are real...

It’s not the pot roast she’s afraid of ITS THE APPETIZER!!!! :O

boopingsnoot 24

Question: Does the pot roast recipe include cilantro, corriander, or cayenne pepper? Because all of those make my taste buds recoil in pain and horror.

Non. Just overcooked bitter carrots, turnips, brussel sprouts and onions with chewy, stringy meat and next to no seasoning. Just like any normal pot roast.

Cubanloverllera 12

she might not like it at the moment but who knows maybe when she's 15-16 she'll love it. her taste palette is still developing, learning and somethings she likes now she'll hate in a few years. be patient

Maybe you should ask Chad to cook from now on...

cpguru24 15

Pot roast in general is not that good. I know some people love it. No matter how long you cook it in a liquid it still gets dried out. Maybe change up the meals and see if you can do some cooking together. Find out what she wants and try to make it with her.