Do as I say…

By AllThatJazz - 15/04/2009 20:06 - United States

Today, I was stage-managing a school show. Some kids were goofing off backstage, so I yelled at them that they could hurt themselves. While walking back to my chair, I tripped over my own feet and fell 5 feet off the stage, shattering my cheekbone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 103
You deserved it 13 405

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stage managing is hard shit, been there. during a show I tripped trying to run off the stage, slid head first into a fridge door. you got my sympathy.

I_Hate_Cars 0

at least you didn't break your leg

Comments

e_fisher20 0

I've had directors like you before... in fact all throughout high school... and I say that you absolutely deserve it. I have yet to meet anyone in theatre (who is not a performer or a light/sound/crew person) who is not a total and complete tool. You deserve it. You deserve it. You deserve it.

Since when is trying to get people to avoid hurting themselves classified as being an asshole? WTF is wrong with y'all?

ummm youre supposed to catch yourself with your hands, not your face! but hey you were doing what you were there to do, keep everything in order. which means no one should be goofing around. my sister has been a stage manager for a few shows (she's a theater major) and the best part of the job is yelling at people. just be a little more careful!

jimmyb00o5 0

#36- Chill the **** out. You're like the ugly girl who tries to have a women's right's protest in front of hooters. no one cares about your opinion. now shut up and make me a sandwich.