Diets suck

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Manhattan

Today, it's the fourth day of my new diet. I told my friends and family to watch me every time I eat to make sure it's healthy. I got so desperate that I hid some chocolates in my pocket then scarfed them down while pooping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 186
You deserved it 50 335

Top comments

jonnied23 20

Don't do something if you're not dedicated to it

Comments

You're only lying to yourself, girl :P You won't get more fit/healthy/lose weight/whatever your diet is for if you can't keep it up, do it for yourself, not them ;)

Don't just give up all junk food at once. It's too hard and unrealistic. Everything in moderation.

How about at least TRYING?! It was only the 4th day?! come on OP, you can do better

If you have no self-control you can't make others responsible for your actions.

harrisoncohix 5

What am I even reading right now?

Don't worry OP- it takes a while to tone your self-control. I should know- I'm also on a diet. :) Great idea getting your family/friends to support you. Maybe something that would help is writing down a list of why you're on that diet, and the amazing things it would do for you. Let that be your motivation to resist whats not a part of your diet. Also- try brushing your teeth when you have cravings. And give all your chocolate to a (trusted :p ) family member and let them give you only one per day when the cravings hit the hardest or you want your treat. The great thing is that you started. Don't give up OP! Good luck!

hazardmuffin 21

OP, you can't make other people responsible for your actions. Telling other people to "make sure" you're eating right says to me that you don't expect YOURSELF to stick with it. Of course you're going to fail. Shaming yourself into eating properly just begets more shame. Do what actually makes you feel GOOD about yourself. Eat healthy foods because they make you feel good, not because you don't like your weight. Hell, eat non-healthy foods if you really want them. Just eat them in MODERATION and don't be ashamed of it.

JohnnyBravo2 3

Oh well, chocolate in chocolate out.

Beepbeep7 14

Assuming makes asses out of people.Until OP clarifies,I'm going by what they say.