Descriptive

By Teaching26 - 15/05/2010 07:47 - United States

Today, I lectured my second-grade class to be more descriptive in their writing. I gave them an assignment to describe something in the classroom. I was grading their work later, and one student wrote, "My class is taught by a fat teacher with gray hair." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 194
You deserved it 17 548

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How descriptive should second graders be?! Aren't they just learning to spell and write?

Show the kid the tape of the teacher that beat that student

Comments

you asked for descriptive. they gave it to you.

Well don't ask a kid something if you don't want a truthful answer.

Kind of agree. Did you not know you were fat and grey, at least, by a kid's standards? My kids think my teen-aged friends are old and anyone with non-visible bones is fat, including my friend the personal trainer with muscles stacked on top of each other.

skatorchick69 0
rohosoccer08 1

haha dang well at least you know how they feel now... don't let it get to you kids are very blunt!

ok that is just crap. the second grader needs to go and get some manners. when I was that age my parents would have killed me if I insulted anyone like that. it wasn't the op's fault. that kid is just a jerk

It's not that hard to spell "taught". You make it sound like it's a really hard word to spell.

39, younger kid's spelling these days is horrible. I'm fourteen, and I bet there's a few kids in my grade who couldn't spell "taught."

how old was the kid in that video anyway? I wasn't really paying attention when I saw it.

Shh, darkmis, we're on FML. These people can barely spell fat, never mind the whole gray/grey controversy!

RedPillSucks 31

I hated that. I use to get marked wrong all the time in spelling tests because I spelled (spelt) things the Brittish way instead of the American way. I still have a bit of a chip on my shoulder because of it.

If you're that pissy about it, darkmiss, you can have a gold star, too. Not all kids that age can spell words that do not look like they sound. As IrishJane pointed out, some adults have the same problem. Would've does not equal "would of". RedPill, same here! I try to remember to spell things the American way but I slip up quite often when I type quickly. Ah, well. Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.

ok that is just crap. that kid needs to get some manners. when I was that age my parents would have killed me if I talked like that to someone. it's not the op's fault that she gave the students that assignement. that kid is just a jerk

iondadola 0

What's a fat grey haired school teacher doing on FML? OP go read some intellectual material so you can be a good teacher!

Op teaches the second grade,how much outside reading does she really need

yea seriously, takr it easy on the 7 year olds or you might end up getting your feelings hurt. YDI

Clearly you're a great teacher. You'd be even better if you could spell 'grey' correctly :p

You ignorant Europeans should be more open minded and realize you're not the only people out there. It can be spelled gray in the USA. However, if you are an American you're just an idiot. FYI I only said that because I find it hypocritical that people will call Americans ignorant for not knowing something simple and then when they make a mistake they just sit there like it's not their fault.