Delusional

By PleaseStop - 18/12/2022 21:00

Today, a female friend of mine keeps telling people we’re dating. No matter how many times I told her I'm gay and only attracted to men, she won’t take that for an answer. She’s actually arranged for me to meet her parents next weekend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 355
You deserved it 219

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Does a restraining order sound okay? The desperate ones are one of the most dangerous ones

might be time to completely cut that friend off. be careful, that's some fatal attraction stuff right there. and do NOT go meet the parents!

Comments

Does a restraining order sound okay? The desperate ones are one of the most dangerous ones

might be time to completely cut that friend off. be careful, that's some fatal attraction stuff right there. and do NOT go meet the parents!

I disagree. He should go meet the parents, and tell them how delusional their daughter is. It's her choice, afterall.

If he does, he better bring his boyfriend. He will need him to fend off the crazy.

Restraining order, mass text to every single acquaintance you have in common that she’s losing it and no one is to let her know jack about you, and a heads-up to your boss. Ideally yeaterday but right now will suffice.

Go on that date. French her dad. Boom! Problem solved. You are welcome!

Some people are simply delusional and think everyone is like them or like they wish their orientation was. And some people are naive to say the least… I am assuming that your friend is probably seriously delusional and thinks she can change your orientation and has a crush on OP… There are people who think that. If you cannot get her to understand, then it would probably be best for both of you to drop the friendship because she doesn’t seem to understand OP very well and continuing this will just lead to frustration and potential problems for both of you. It would be a shame to have to do that, we all need friends. But some friendships just don’t work. There is one other slight possibility - Your friend may be lesbian and wants you to be her “beard” with her parents and other relatives. I have a niece who did this during her high school. But you would think that if this was the case she would be up front with you after you told her you weren’t interested in girls.

Go along with her for a while. Then dump her for a guy so her family and friends will wonder how she "turned you gay."

Sonotsuave 35

I would have a final clear talk with her, and tell her that if she can’t get it through her head, & dial it the **** down, then she’s about to be cut off as a friend. See if that threat works. If not then simply force her to wake up to reality by distancing yourself & potentially filing against her for harassment. Like wtf.