Deadbeat

By Anonymous - 29/10/2021 02:00

Today, I tracked down my birth dad. He lives in a massive house, with a wife and two kids, 3 cars and a fucking sailboat on the drive. My mom and I grew up in poverty, but I was calm when I confronted him. He had his gardeners throw me into the street like I was inconvenient trash. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 673
You deserved it 245

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you’re sure about the paternity, your mom ban probably sue for back child support unless there was an adoption somewhere along. Probably the last thing he wants is to disrupt his perfect life to take responsibility for the child he fathered.

Are you sure your mom didn't just squirrel away the child support from Richey Rich? And the maids would throw you out like trash. The gardeners would pull you like an inconvenient weed.

Comments

If you’re sure about the paternity, your mom ban probably sue for back child support unless there was an adoption somewhere along. Probably the last thing he wants is to disrupt his perfect life to take responsibility for the child he fathered.

diraven 15

Must have been some badass gardeners

Are you sure your mom didn't just squirrel away the child support from Richey Rich? And the maids would throw you out like trash. The gardeners would pull you like an inconvenient weed.

Seriously, what did you expect? Richie Rich doesn’t know you and for all he knows you are just somebody trying to relieve him of some of his wealth by a potentially bogus claim of paternity. Oh, and besides that, if you are his child and he was married at the time then he has some explaining to his wife as to how it is he has another son. There are many things you don’t know in a situation like this - Is this person actually your father? Only a DNA paternity test will tell the truth. Did your mom receive any financial support when you were younger and not tell you where her income came from? The fact that Mom loves you and raised you doesn’t mean she might not have glossed over a few important details in your paternity. I understand that this is upsetting and disappointing to you - It sounds like you expected to be greeted with open arms and open pockets. Had you thought it through more carefully you would have had less expectations and would have been less insistent resulting in less likelihood of being violently thrown out. If this man was indeed your biological father it was primarily your mom’s responsibility to have seen that her child was adequately supported. You need to first talk to Mom and find out why she apparently didn’t do that or if she did get support. If after that you are still sure that this man is your biological father and you are trying to relieve him of some of his wealth via a paternity claim, then the next steps require a lawyer and a DNA paternity test, then a lawsuit. Be aware however that Richie Rich will pay for a lawyer too and he probably has deeper pockets to do that. It’s not impossible to find a lawyer who might do this on the condition of taking part of any financial restitution instead of an upfront payment - But that will cost you a significant portion of any settlement. In the USA your lawyers take 1/3 of the winning settlement if they are only paid if they win. You are not owed a wealthy and comfortable existence by virtue of your paternity, whoever your biological father is. The surest way to have a better life is to work for it - There are rarely any shortcuts. And the wealthy are quite used to the concept of people trying to cheat them out of money by fraud and bogus claims so it will require real proof to get Daddy Warbucks to open up his pocket. It’s one thing to look to find a long lost parent because you want to get to know them - It’s quite another thing if you motive is to extract money from them. Nobody responds well to that.

randomnobody0622 6

this is a typical story. im.sorry that was hell. but you can now realize better that he is not your dad amd he was never your dad. the role dad isnt a given right of blood. you sgould know that better now