Dad joke

By bookworm94 - 27/07/2009 04:10 - United States

Today, my immature dad said that I'm a girl, not a woman, so my witty response was, ''I have a period, so I'm pretty sure that makes me a woman.'' My dad stole my phone and sent a text to everyone in my address book, quoting me. Including the guy I like. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 824
You deserved it 16 735

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SirAwesome 0

Why the "including the guy I like" part? I mean, how is it bad that he knows you're a woman?

Comments

NSZ 0

Your dad is a ******* immature douche bag.

Your Dad is my hero, You sound like a bratty girl with a princess complex. Having a Period doesn't make you a women. it means you can have babies. A women is someone who has proven herself to be self sufficient. And mentally mature. That may have been a rude thing of your dad to do, but you didn't not deserve it.

Your dad's amazing. Points for him! HE SHOOTS... HE TOTALLY SCORES. On the bright side for you, I'm faving this one... just cause of your dad.

EveryDayJackAss 0

BRILLIANT! but the OP could've said she was pregnant! lol

I feel really bad for you.I know how it feels to be embarrased like that (older brother) and well your dad is immature, but if anyone comes up to you and mentions that text message, just say that your dad was being gay and took your cell, and that you do have periods, but every female will have periods in her lifetime.Also, I know what you mean, my dad keeps saying I'm his little girl, and its started to get annoying.I especially hate the fact that he borrows money from me, and still calls me that.And I personally think you are a woman physically and are on your way to being a woman mentally and a legal adult.Yes, some 9 year olds get their periods, and they can be very mature.But the next time your dad does something like that, tell him how it makes you feel, and tell your mom how he's acting towards you.Only a woman can understand a woman, so she'll be there to defend you.

sillygirly 0

your dad is my ******* hero :) yes, it must've sucked, but come on ! he'd be the coolest guy to hang out with ! lighten up sweetie :)

i wonder if the text will end up on textsfromlastnight.com and complete the circle of immaturity.

OP's Dad is really immature. Paying out on someone because you don't like what they say is childish. Doing it to your children is admitting that you're too childish to deal with a child, whether that child is bratty or not. There have been a lot of bizarre definitions of "woman" vs "girl" in this forum. In many cultures, for centuries, the starting of menstruation - ie fertilility - is seen as the change from childhood to womanhood. The OP did say "wittily", so I understood she was referring to this view.

I agreed right up until 17 is not different from 18. Between different people, sure that might be the case. But in one's individual life 18 is different from 17 because you could still be growing (physically) and you will have more life experience (mentally). @OP you're a general fail and there is nothing witty about the comment you have your period, all (functioning) women do.