Corporate

By crap - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was fired from my job for breaking my company's tattoo policy. I have a small scar on my wrist that roughly resembles a heart. My boss insists that it's one of those white ink tattoos. No one will believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 780
You deserved it 2 678

Top comments

I think I would be filing a complaint with the corporate office.

This must be a case of unfair dismissal. I can't see your location but in the UK you could probably get the police involved.

Comments

Oh man op that sucks :( clearly they're not worth your time

A paycheck should be worth anyone's time. It's a job. Pretty sure he'd rather have a job to pay bills than feel "too good" for his boss

CharresBarkrey 15

I think in this case, it literally is "worth their time." Because they're getting paid, you know.

WrongRomance 11

That's such a ridiculous policy to enforce.

sugarshane007 20

No, it's not, especially when you have geniuses out there getting 'Pimp Slap' tattoos on their right hand.

WrongRomance 11

Against a scar misjudged as a white ink tattoo, it is.

Is it bad that I want to exterminate most of the bosses in the world?

But the good news is you are eligible for unemployment benefits since you got fired when its clearly not your fault and big f*** you to the 40+ people voted YDI no one deserves to loss a job with this Great Rescission we are enduring at the moment.

If you used "rescission" as a pun, it's one of the more brilliant puns I've seen here, considering the subject of the FML. But I'm betting you didn't, so it's "recession".

I'm not really sure, Pleonasm, but dermis be a logical reason for it.

xStaciexLynnx 15

Actually, bad news is, if you're fired for breaking company policy you're it eligible for unemployment.

Except OP didn't BREAK any company policies. OP has a scar, not a tattoo.

This op does not deserve to lose their job, but to say that no one should lose their jobs. during an economic downturn is lunacy. Too many lazy people, incompetent people, and dishonest people that by all means should be shit canned to make room for decent hard working folks

Wrongful Termination. Back Pay. Treble damages. Court costs. Ignorance will be expensive for them!

At my job, we can't have any visible tattoos showing either. I have a coworker that has her boyfriend's name tattooed on her neck. Every shift she has to wear a bandaid across it to cover it up. Looks more like she was bitten by a . . . V! :O

It's up to a company to put in what ever policies they want and in certain states they have laws where they fire you for no reason I think it's called right to work. It's like that in Oregon. None the less you shouldn't get fired for tatts anyways.

xStaciexLynnx 15

It's called at will employment.

As said previously I would be getting a letter from my GP and presenting it to said (w*nker) Boss and demanding my job back - if that fails, hello lawsuit!

And corporate/HR may want to know that the manager is violating company policy by mistakenly firing OP under its no-tatoo clause.

sugarshane007 20

Fight em OP! Fight the power with your badass heart scar that we all know is a white ink tattoo! Unless you're in Texas, then you're ******. Right to work laws bend everyone over the barrel.

perdix 29

#24, it's not just Texas. Many states have laws with the Orwellian name "right to work" that gives all the power to the bosses and takes everything from the worker. Even Michigan, home of the UAW, just became a "right to work" state. The labor movement is dead.

sugarshane007 20

I knew more than Texas, just Texas popped into mind first, because I'm from here. Thankfully, most of the time it isn't abused down here, but to hear more states are taking it on, that is disturbing, namely because there are people that can and will abuse it.

right to work means they can't force you to join a union or require you be in one..... it has nothing to do with how you're allowed to be treated by you're boss