Cool your jets

By unimpressed bride - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Traverse City

Today, it's been two weeks since I got married. It's also two weeks since my husband got cold feet about moving in together, because he thinks the sudden change would be too emotionally distressing for his cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 298
You deserved it 3 209

Top comments

I honestly can't tell which ones more of a pussy. Your husband or his cat.

Tell him it's either his kitty or yours.

Comments

dragoongirl90 34

just because his cat's emotional problems? That shouldn't be this easy.

As much as it sucks that he won't move in with you, there is a silver lining. No cat piss or spray on furniture, walls, carpet, etc, plus no claw marks on everything. Depending on if the cat tolerates car rides, he can try introducing the kitty to wherever the two of you will ultimately live by purchasing some extra cat products(bowls, food, litter box, litter, toys, etc) and set them up in the new place. Once that's done, he brings kitty over 1-3 days a week or how ever many visits could be arranged in a week. Start with an hour of being there and playing with them, next week an hour and a half, etc. Or, he could get some antianxiety medication for the cat by going to the vets and explaining the situation- he'd have to shell out the cash, but if the cat isn't anxious from being in a new place because of the medication for a week or two, kitty should settle in nicely. Benadryl is also an option- the dose is 1ml of a 12.5/5 suspension, aka, Benadryl Children's Allergy Relief. If he Is worried about the dose, he should be able to just call and ask if he doesn't want to go in for prescription anxiety meds. He could also try looking at using cat nip, etc to calm his companion down for the move.

Assuming you have a key to his place, I would go over there and collect the cat while he's at work. That way he can't use it an excuse anymore and you could talk about the real problem.

tiger820 20

I could never marry anyone without living with them first anyhow.

SmittyJA24 26

My magic 8-ball says: bullshit. There is something else going on ... & he's putting the blame on a ******* pet. Good luck with this.

It's just a pity this issue didn't get explored BEFORE you got married.

shortcake18 15

Ya you would not want to upset the cat it could really mess things up for you guys...

Just a thought but mabey he's too shy too admit that he dosent want to move in yet, so on a quick thought he pit it on his cat. Just saying that you should talk to him about it more, he'll probably be PURRsuaded after all. I'm serious though about it despite the pun.

MonstreBelle 28

If staying away from you, his new wife, because of this situation is so easy for him and he thinks it's okay, how is he going to handle the harder situations that inevitably happen in a marriage? You know, that whole for better or worse part of his vows? I get that he's worried about his cat, which isn't necessarily the problem. The problem is how he's choosing to react to it. There are ways to minimize the cat's distress. He should have brought this issue up and discussed it with you months ago. You two could have begun working on it earlier and made the process a slow and gradual one. I hope you two get this resolved soon. It sucks that your marriage is getting off to such a shaky start.