Cool your jets

By unimpressed bride - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Traverse City

Today, it's been two weeks since I got married. It's also two weeks since my husband got cold feet about moving in together, because he thinks the sudden change would be too emotionally distressing for his cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 298
You deserved it 3 209

Top comments

I honestly can't tell which ones more of a pussy. Your husband or his cat.

Tell him it's either his kitty or yours.

Comments

And by cat he means girlfriend. Get an annulment and move on

martin8337 35

you mean to say that you 2 didn't live together before getting married? what about sex?

Sounds like he's trying to please the wrong pussy.

did you purchase a new place or are you choosing an existing one? if existing then move in with him? or is he against living with you?

You aren't supposed to move when you get a cat. He thinks of your home as his territory and will try to go back if you move.

So, we should not get married if we have a cat?

If you have a cat, don't move or give away the cat. Happened to my neighbour and his cat always leaves. Happened to my cousin as well. Why doesn't OP move into his house.

I've had two cats for nearly ten years and have moved countless times. They cry during the car ride, one hides for a day or two while the other is fine almost immediately inside the new home with familiar furniture. They're perfectly fine.

MidnightMusic53 37

If you keep your cat inside then this won't be a problem. I have moved a few times with my cats, and they are fine.

My friend has moved his house twice and his cats are perfectly fine with their new home. I think his husband making excuses for some reason.

This should have been discussed before you got married. I hope you get this worked out quickly.

To be fair, it can be distressing for a cat to move. They really don't like change. But there are things you can do to deal with it, so it's not really a good excuse

quarterbird 18

Congratulations... You're a beard.

It's called an annulment dear. You get one and you and your pussy go your way while he and his go their way.

What's even the point of marrying then? I don't wanna say divorce him but seriously if he doesn't grow up soon then I would rethink the whole situation.