Cool cool cool

By Anonymous - 30/12/2015 02:14 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, after living in my new apartment for barely three weeks, I found mice living under my dishwasher. When I brought it up to the managers, they said I'd have to pay for an exterminator myself since they weren't there when they cleaned. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 375
You deserved it 1 424

Same thing different taste

Top comments

th3m3l33r 10

Check your lease. It should cover this situation. If not, call the organization that owns the apartments. The managers are rarely the top dogs.

That's not very mice of them to do that to you

Comments

I'm a land lord, that's not how it works. The landlord pays for the exterminator regardless who infects the building

MonstreBelle 28

You can report your landlord to the local health department. Mice are considered a health hazard and your landlord can be fined for the health code violation. Start taking detailed notes, including details about the violation, any conversations you have with your landlord, your landlord response to the problem, any conversations with neighbors if they also have mice. The health department can use those notes as evidence of a health code violation.

wordygirl 11

I call, "bullshit." You know good and well they didn't pull the dishwasher out to look for vermin before you moved in. It's not like you brought the mice with you in your suitcase! Tell them a baby mouse is grown in three weeks! You tell them they are full of shit! Oh that makes me mad!

If your landlord is already being difficult good luck op hope you don't run into much more problems.

It looks like that if you have been there for less than 30 days, then it is the landlords responsibility. After that, you are on your own. See NRS118A.290.

You could pay an exterminator, or you could go to the store by like 4 of those wood spring traps for like $5 or less, put a little peanut butter ( i didn't even do that mine were supposedly cheese scented but it didn't attract them) on them, then put them trigger side against the wall someplace you won't step. Mice run along the wall so they'll just right across it. if the mouse is nasty toss the whole trap if you want, they're dirt cheap and effective. Sometimes they even have 4 pack at the dollar store here.

If they allow it and you aren't allergic try getting a cat. We have a dog for about 1 and a half years and we had a rat problem. A month ago we got a kitten and we're move free

All I can suggest is to call the actual apartment owner and take it up with him personally because honestly all apartments I feel should have to handle that problem not the trenants.