By CogadhTallon - 30/12/2015 02:11 - United States

Spicy
Today, I found the engagement ring I'd bought and been missing for a week. On my girlfriend's hand. While my childhood friend was inside her. They apparently like pretending she's married while doing this. They made this self-discovery a week ago. Good for them. I don't want the ring back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 951
You deserved it 1 759

CogadhTallon tells us more.

Thanks for your comments, this place is much better than a shrink for healing a bit. I can appreciate the sentiment that I should've taken the ring back, but once purchased, rings are almost worthless (thanks, De Beers). I honestly wanted nothing to do with them. I've burned the sheets (not kidding) and I've gone numb. Their pretty much dead to me, and needless to say I'm out of the dating circuit for a while. Keep the comments coming though, this place rocks, and reminds me that not everyone are walking asshats. :)

Top comments

Damn that's cold, but maybe it's better to find out now instead of after you proposed to her.

wow they both get off on infidelity...they sound like perfectly compatible horrible people. So sorry you had to lose a girlfriend and friend in the same day :(.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

He should take the ring back, return it and hold on to the money or buy a new ring for when the time comes to propose to another girl. It's better you found this out now OP, before you found out during your engagement, or worse... your marriage. Good luck!

Sorry for that OP, you'll find someone that will make you happy!

You're better off without both of them, OP! Sick, sick people.

fpants2010 18

This makes me really sad for you! I guess it's better to find out now instead of when you're married :

Damn that's cold, but maybe it's better to find out now instead of after you proposed to her.

I don't get why he doesn't want the ring back. **** letting her keep anything of worth.

tantanpanda 26

OP should get the ring back, then return it. If not, at least resell it to someone.

That's terrible. Be glad you found out about this before you proposed to her. I hope the ring wasn't too expensive if you don't want it back, but if I were you, I'd still want the ring back because you haven't even given it to her yet. You might still be able to sell it.

Yeah that's actually a good idea, if it's like professionally cleaned and everything, take that shit to eBay

Totally agree, why let her have the ring after what she did to you?

wow they both get off on infidelity...they sound like perfectly compatible horrible people. So sorry you had to lose a girlfriend and friend in the same day :(.

Lots of people get off on the idea of infidelity, it's why so many people cheat. It's not that strange a kink, no, but it's one where acting on it can cause a lot of harm. OP's gf and friend are despicable people for doing that to him.

Time to find a new friend. And a new girlfriend.

sammybunny40 22

At least you found out before actually getting married.

So one of them finds the ring you were going to use to propose with, and decided the best idea was to use it to play out some ****** up fantasy. Sorry that happened to you OP, but this isn't exactly a loss given how little they respected you