Convoluted storyline

By Krash The Koopa - 02/12/2020 11:58 - United States - Litchfield Park

Today, I discovered that the actress who played a girl I have a crush on faked her résumé. Not only that, but she wasn’t even interested in acting, she just wanted a job. And boom, she also voted for Trump. And I STILL have a crush on her character. FML
I agree, your life sucks 281
You deserved it 1 176

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Marcella1016 31

So wait...the girl you have a crush on is in a play? As in she’s a fictional character? And you’re disappointed that the actress playing her is not actually her? And that she isn’t really passionately interested in playing the role in a way that would help you to better visualize your fantasies? Would all that mean less if she wasn’t a Trump supporter? Does your blending of fiction and reality mean that now you feel like the fictional character you have a crush on actually is a Trump supporter? Very...interesting. Correct me if I’m wrong on anything above, but I suggest meeting new people, and trying not to have high expectations of them - learn who they are, and take it or leave it. Or you could always go out and find the real uh girl from the play...

Comments

Jon Voight claims Trump is a savior of the nation. Jim Carrey, Charlie Sheen and Robert De Niro are antivaxxers. Kevin Spacey is a child molester. The point is acting is not relevant to IQ and good actors can be extremely stupid people.

jfigley 5

Then stop being pathetic and look for the type of girl who is very similar to the character you are fantasizing. The character isn't real. Grow up and find someone you will value and with the same voting style....

Marcella1016 31

So wait...the girl you have a crush on is in a play? As in she’s a fictional character? And you’re disappointed that the actress playing her is not actually her? And that she isn’t really passionately interested in playing the role in a way that would help you to better visualize your fantasies? Would all that mean less if she wasn’t a Trump supporter? Does your blending of fiction and reality mean that now you feel like the fictional character you have a crush on actually is a Trump supporter? Very...interesting. Correct me if I’m wrong on anything above, but I suggest meeting new people, and trying not to have high expectations of them - learn who they are, and take it or leave it. Or you could always go out and find the real uh girl from the play...

You know she's a Trump supporter and still want her. Self-castration should cure that disease.

Just ********** to spicy fanfics. You should be fine.

if this FML didn't have good spelling, it could be included in the "best of the worst". which we haven't seen for a long time btw.

phybreawptic 13

Your name should be "Rent Free".

Is it just me or is anyone else only here in the comments to figure out who the actress is???

So you have a crush on a fictional character? Okay, that happens. No big. Wait, you're hung up on the actress? Because she isn't a pure 'art is my life' type and treats her career as a job? And her politics bug you? 1) the person you have a crush on doesn't exist. The person playing that person has no connection to you or your infatuations. That actress, who I presume you would never meet or have a relationship with, isn't your fictional crush, who you will also never meet and have a relationship with. Her career approach and politics have less than nothing to do with your internal fantasy 2) Even if this was an actual person who was actually in your life, with whom you might pursue a relationship, and you find their politics (understandable) or attitude towards their career (assinine, IMHO) hard stops on pursuing things, then sure, maybe a small bit of sympathy. But even then you have to be pretty egocentric to treat this as an FML. 'Oh no, there are attractive Trump supporters and I can't date them because I consider that nonstarter,' or 'Oh no, my cute friend I really like doesn't treat her acting job like her passion, so I cant date her.' These sentences don't make you look good. You aren't suffering. You haven't lost anything. At worst you just have to look for different relationship partners, something almost all of us have had to cope with multiple times in our lives, sometimes after real suffering or real commitments of time and resources if not both. I'm sorry OP but GROW UP!