Clever boy

By NewlyChildaphobic - 17/11/2009 14:50 - Ireland

Today, I was minding a 6-year old boy. He begged me to take him somewhere. I rang his mum, and she said I could. He picked to go to McDonald's. He ordered chicken. After his meal, he told me he was vegetarian, and wanted to try some meat while his mum wasn't around. I got the blame. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 197
You deserved it 4 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did his mom *choose* for him to be veggie? In that case, good on you for showing him the amazingness that is chicken, even if it IS from McDonalds. Make him a bacon sandwich next time you have to babysit the ******.

Bob31_fml 4

gotta love the "vegetarian by force" approach. Clearly the kid isn't doing it by choice.

Comments

MamaC_fml 0

The way I'm reading this FML the mother is at fault on 2 accounts: 1. Not informing the sitter of her child's diet. 2. Not asking where the sitter would take the child when the sitter asked for permission to go somewhere. Heck, OP, you could have taken the child to a strip club in another town for all she knew, but she didn't know or seem to care.

*edit* grrr stupid site having truobles posting stuff properly, ended up replying twice cause I thought the first hadnt worked

I don't understand why it is so wrong for parents to raise their kids as vegetarians like themselves. After all, Christian parents raise their kids as Christian, yet you never hear anyone complain about that. It's the same damn thing, people! Of course, it is ultimately the child's choice what they want to be, but it's not a crime to pass your beliefs onto your kids.

tlol 0

people don't complain about that because its not the same thing at all, a 6 year old is able to not believe in God and fake paying attention, a child is not able to eat meat if his parents enforce a veggie diet upon him, regardless of his personal feelings think before you post next time please

I wouldn't personally raise a child vegetarian, even if I was a vegetarian. I agree that's something they need to decide for themselves. But, I don't think it's outright bad. Parents all have different parenting methods. Different doesn't mean bad. A vegetarian diet can still make for a balanced diet. I just don't understand how you leave your child with a sitter and not mention something like that, especially when it's obviously so important to the parents. I mean, of course you're going to feed the kid...

my mom teaches wellness. vegetarianism is THE healthiest lifestyle, when done right. lots of other people have said it, but it's the kid's mom's fault for not telling the OP the kid was a vegetarian.

vegetarianism is only the healthiest lifestyle when you're taking pills to supplement the nutrients you're missing out on by not eating meat. so really it's no different to eating a balanced omnivorous diet.

generally, vegetarians eat more servings of fruits and vegetables than nonvegearians. vegetarians are more conscious about what they eat. the vegan lifestyle, on the other hand, is not really all that healthy. i was just pointing that out cause everyone on here is like "zomg vegetarians are soooo unhealthy!!!11!1" aaaand, that's not true.

Dont worry, if it's from mcdonalds, it doesnt have to be chicken, just because they say it is.

invalid_name94 0

Fake. Vegetarians are allowed to eat chicken. *rolls eyes* People need to stop posting fmls like this that ruin the site.

there are a lot of levels of vegetarianism, and most vegetarians I know won't eat any meat, not even fish or chicken. Then you get vegans who won't even eat animal products like eggs, cheese, milk etc. So, *rolls eyes* check your facts next time before shooting your mouth off.

JustaAngel 6

YDI for gettin pwned by someone who probably cant even spell the word McDonalds But good for the kids for eating what man was supposed to eat.. GO MEAT

2npac 0

I hate when parents say their kids are vegetarian. let the kid decide for himself if he wants that lifestyle when he's old enough. I bet the mom gives a mean bj so technically she eats meat n is not vegetarian!

the key is WHEN HE'S OLD ENOUGH. he's SIX. i wouldn't say six is old enough to make an extremely impacting life choice, and she's just bringing him up how she lives. raising a kid is hard enough without having one lifestyle for you and a completely different one for him.

Kristoffer 35

Who's the mental midget who forces a growing child into an unhealthy "vegetarian" diet anyway? I wish we could call Child Services on such unfit parents.

ZeroCharisma 0

Why don't you call child services on all of the people walking around with elementary school aged children who weigh more than I do! You obviously know nothing about nutrition. I have been a vegetarian since I was 13 years old and I can almost guarantee I'm healthier than you are. I am in extremely good shape and have very well defined muscles (I don't even work out). It's common knowledge that calcium, iron, protein, and all vitamins and minerals can be obtained through a vegetarian diet. I'd much rather my child get his calcium from broccoli, leafy greens, and tofu than from milk that's loaded with cholesterol and saturated fats. Are you aware of the fact that by kindergarten most children already have plaque forming in their arteries? You need to do some research before labeling a parent who feeds their child a vegetarian diet as "unfit".