Class act

By Superfly - 19/07/2021 18:01

Today, my great grandfather got arrested. Why? He is still shell shocked from World War II, so when we went to a hibachi grill, he didn't want any of those, "Damn Japs" to touch his food, and our chef didn't take too kindly to his verbal assault. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 228
You deserved it 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bobsanction 18

Probably shouldna taken him to hibachi.

Holy shit. I highly suggest he gets mental evaluation cause he's a danger to himself and Japanese people. I don't think he'll grow out of his prejudice views towards Japanese cause he's old and having racist views is a sign of close minded ignorance. Unfortunate. FML the chef's live too. That treatment he got is similar to what Japanese Americans experienced during the internment camp days.

Comments

Holy shit. I highly suggest he gets mental evaluation cause he's a danger to himself and Japanese people. I don't think he'll grow out of his prejudice views towards Japanese cause he's old and having racist views is a sign of close minded ignorance. Unfortunate. FML the chef's live too. That treatment he got is similar to what Japanese Americans experienced during the internment camp days.

phybreawptic 13

Ah yes. The probably 100 year old man is a real threat. When you hear the Velcro laces get fastened tight and tennis balls on the walker coming your way you better watch out. This is such a bullshit take and you know it. And if you don't then you might want to do some research on the Pacific theater in WWII. Mental health was also not a focus on returning servicemembers either. These men came back and were just left to deal with things the best they could. Believe it or not, the world is a much different place than it was 80 years ago. Stop making it about this guy who is in the twilight of his life. Because you can't tell me no one in his family knew this is how he is. Blame the people who have all of their mental faculties.

don't know why you're getting down voted if the man is 100 and doesn't have a violent history the odds he's a threat to anything is very low. he's just racist, and old. honestly op and family should have known to keep him away from that situation. it's unfortunate but when people are that old it's probably too late to change them

Veterans have earned compassion. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who experienced wartime trauma gets a pass on racist views against Koreans / Chinese / Vietnamese / Japanese / Germans / Italians etc. As long as they're not assaulting people or yelling abuse on the street, best just to help them avoid their "triggers". Reprimand verbally with love and respect.

castorcrowe 2
bobsanction 18

Probably shouldna taken him to hibachi.

That's not shell shock....that's just a racist old man.