Chubrub

By thickly - 19/09/2016 17:31 - United States - Fayetteville

Today, my boss had to order some more work pants since mine were worn out after 7 months. He told me the next set I would have to buy myself, since they usually last workers about 2 years, and I must be treating them too roughly. I didn't want to admit that my thighs rubbing together ended up shredding the fabric. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 584
You deserved it 1 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He should understand if you explain to him! I ruin all my jeans like that too. I've learned to put a few pieces of duct tape on one or both thighs, it really helps extend pant life.

I'm sorry OP. I would just tell him; no need to be embarrassed. Thighs sometimes rub, and it definitely sucks when clothes get rubbed thin or rip altogether because of that. Good luck OP. I hope it all works out!

Comments

ayyy_bro 26

Or you could just drop a couple pounds... if your thighs are so big that they're literally wearing away the fabric on your jeans, losing some weight would definitely be a good thing.

Don't be so quick to judge, some people just have bigger thighs. I've been a few different sizes my adult life and I have the same problem no matter the size I am. It's just a different body type.

How much thighs rub depends enormously on the set of your hips and your gait. If you happen to have wide hips and you're thin or even chunky it's much less of an issue, especially if you "walk from the knee". Narrower hips, carrying weight around your thighs (a significantly healthier place to carry fat than pretty much anywhere else) even if you don't have much extra elsewhere, and taking longer strides wear through clothes faster on the inner thigh. So, y'know... bugger off, essentially.

You are ignorant to the fact that bodies come in different shapes and sizes. Even a skinny girls thighs could rub together. Not everyone has a thigh gap. Just saying.

this happens with my work pants all the time.

That sucks OP, I go through so many pairs of scrub pants in a year. Flimsy fabric + my thighs = trash in a matter of months.

Have a silk lining put in them and that will stop.