Chilly

By Anonymous - 13/01/2011 06:32 - United States

Today, my window got busted and won't shut properly. I live in a college dorm room and maintenance says they can't fix it for a couple of days. It's below freezing in my dorm and I can see my breath while trying sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 421
You deserved it 2 627

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's because you're trying to sleep wrong. close your eyes when you sleep.

1. Kill everyone from maintenance. 2. Skin them and sew them into a warm blanket. Problem solved.

Comments

ulicksam 0

How convenient you didn't tell us how the window got busted. Most likely, YDI.

Suck it up I live in -30 Celcius on a regular basis, you wimp.

I posted something like that and go shit on.... By "seeing his breath" it's probably only a few degrees below freezing..... He should try gettng drunk in an ice shack with no insulation and passing out

In my opinion , this is the best way for sleeping !!!

mintcar 9

Um... do you have friends living in a single or in an apartment on campus? Ask them if you could sleep there for a few days. Maintenance on campus is a ******* joke. I'm surprised they're actually doing something about it.

That sucks, OP. I hope you don't die of hypothermia or something.

cover the damn window with plastic. lazy ass kids.

Start an Ice bar in your room. All you need is vodka and a few goodwill fur coats. Step your game up.

Think positive. You can now store your beer outside the refrigerator.

sallen0046 4

So instead of demanding they do a temporary fix until they've got time to work on it appropriately or wait for whatever parts they need to fix it, you've chosen to simply lie around watching your own breath and complain on the internet? Make them give you a space heater and at least close the gap, or go to any store and spend $5 on plastic sheeting and duct tape. Find someone else to stay with. There are options here. You're not a child anymore. If you don't assert yourself, no one is going to do anything for you.