Caught

By Anonymous - 25/10/2015 02:47 - United States - Apollo

Today, I woke up to noises in my living room. I was scared, but I loaded my gun and snuck downstairs. I burst into the living room, yelled for the motherfucker robbing me to put his hands up, and flicked on the light. My cat stared back at me like I was a moron then calmly walked out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 596
You deserved it 7 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thank god you yelled first before just blindly shooting!!

zanoty 17

I guess you could say he was a cat burglar... I'll show myself out

Comments

Your cat was robbing you. Of your sanity.

Did you take off your tin foil hat first?

dragoongirl90 34

You sound totally bad ass, OP!

Whitemamba12 6

why? he didnt shoot, he was just prepared for the worst. He did what he should of done in that situation.

Geckosrock99 33

It's America, and its perfectly legal, if he went through the proper procedures to obtain it. Plus, he didn't blindly shoot. he yelled first, and then checked to see if it was really a threat.

And here's the importance of weapons safety courses.

outfielder55 17

That's how problems get solved in America. Firearms. Either you have one or you call a cop with one. I'll take the former.

dragoongirl90 34

No. There is a third option which usually happens to those who can't defend themselves: they die. You can't call a cop if you're dead, dummy.

There's the option of getting the heck out, too. Besides, theres other means of defending yourself than guns. Whatever happened to old good baseball bat?

Ever heard the phrase "don't bring a knife to a gun fight?" Well a baseball bat isn't any better.

#59: However you have the advantage of knowing your house and unless you're totally impatient or a dummy you can try sneaking in behind the burglar and WHAM! Or you could take the option of getting the **** outta there. Everyone here is defending the US for having less-strict firearms laws than most countries... Then there' school hootings and armed burglaries on the news all the time. In Finland you need a special licence to own a gun and each gun must be registered at the police station too. And they're pretty expensive so mostly hunters have guns.. Well, I don't think there's any handguns available anyway.

@#67 Don't you think that there being armed burglaries is a very smart reason to own a gun in the first place? There isn't much you can do without a firearm against someone with a gun in your face who very well means to do you harm. Recently I read a story here in the US about three armed men who invaded this old couple's home. They made the old man open up his safe and talked about how they were going to gang rape his 19 year old granddaughter that was staying with them at the time. Luckily he had a gun in his safe and turned around and shot all three of them, while getting shot himself. They ran away and one of them died from his injury in a car while the other two were caught by going to a hospital for medical attention. The old man was badly hurt but he'll live. If he hadn't have had that gun in there they would have raped his granddaughter and God knows what else. And all the guns that the thieves had? Obtained illegally. I'm not saying guns are the answer to everything. Hell, neither me nor any of my family or friends own any guns. But they are not just killing machines used to hurt innocent people. Many times they are used to DEFEND the innocent when they are otherwise defenseless.

Tbh I'd rather make taser guns available for people than actual guns... they'd be safer for everyone. And pepper spray.