Catering to idiots

By Anonymous - 27/03/2013 00:10 - United States - Pittsfield

Today, a man attempted to sue my business for giving him food poisoning. I make soap. When I called the cops on him for disturbing the peace, I was told, "Maybe next time you'll put 'not edible' on your label." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 521
You deserved it 3 747

Same thing different taste

Comments

The sad part is with all the frivolous lawsuits lately("I spilled this coffee on me, and it burned") the guy will prolly not only get away with suing your company, but win.

acerima 11

Is this what the world has come to? Having to tell idiots not to eat soap or that coffee is hot! Next thing you know they will have to put labels on sugar saying "this will make you a fat ass!"

AHappyGoth 14

Was it bacon soap? Also, your grammar is ******* terrible, bro.

he heard eating bath salts was uncool. he figured he'd give soap a try. He would say it tasted good, but that would be a LYE! lmao.

Matticus5000 5

That reminds me of the woman who sued McDonald's when she scalded her mouth for chugging piping hot coffee when the cup did not say "caution, contents are hot." You have to prepare for the unexpected, there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people out there.

You do realize she received third degree burns and required skin grafts, right? This has been quoted countless times during this fml comments section, but if people would look into the case they'd see it isn't just a woman who burnt her lip and got a red mark or had a sting from coffee spilling on her lap, these were serious injuries.

The case is "Liebeck v. McDonald's", for anyone who wants to look it up.

Zommie 2

It sounds stupid, but people have been sued for dumber shit. FYL

Make sure you put "May irritate eyes" etc

OP- Cops are trained to find fault with both people when some idiot has called them because a soap-bubble blowing cleanser eating moron is "disturbing the peace".... Handle these situations yourself unless you want the cops to blame both of you for interrupting their days doing important stuff to deal with crap like this. Tell him the soap may have made him sick but that's the cleansing wonder of your product detoxing his insides from all the macdonalds food and crack he's been consuming....

This is clearly a sign that the world is filled with way too many stupid people. Common sense no longer exists. The mere fact that a coffee cup has to have a warning and now apparently so does soap, is a clear indicator that they are dominating our culture.