Cancer sucks

By m0r0n - 20/10/2020 20:00 - United States - Cleveland

Today, like most days, I awoke from a dream where my hair was long again. This time, it was in the way while I was trying to drink water from a fountain. I lost my hair from chemo; it's slowly growing back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 430
You deserved it 343

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aw, I can relate. Mine was so nice and long before I lost it to ovarian cancer 3 years ago. It finally got so long that I had to cut a few inches off.

malicemassacre 18

You are so strong to go through such a harsh treatment. Please, don’t let your insecurities haunt you in your dreams. You are a beautiful fighter nothing less!

Comments

Aw, I can relate. Mine was so nice and long before I lost it to ovarian cancer 3 years ago. It finally got so long that I had to cut a few inches off.

So your dream about long hair was that it was a nuisance? I'll send you a scrunchie.

malicemassacre 18

You are so strong to go through such a harsh treatment. Please, don’t let your insecurities haunt you in your dreams. You are a beautiful fighter nothing less!

xxlk4xx 6

first of all, I'm sorry for what you've gone and are going through! although I have not gone through this, I did have super short hair most of my life and my hair is finally starting to get long so if I were to suddenly lose it I would be so upset because it's taken me about 5 years to get it just past my shoulders! if you arent taking them already, hair and nail vitamins I've heard work pretty well for some people, I take them but I dont notice much of a difference to be honest.

I understand and wish you the best. i always thought my hair was my best feature and chemo took it from me. What grew back isn't the same as it was before.

OP, you have my genuine sympathy. I am a cancer survivor (of the esophagus). Chemotherapy is tough. And it’s daunting to lose your hair. But it will come back - mine did. It takes a while, but it’s one of the first improvements you begin to see once you are all over the chemotherapy. Hang in there, it’s a tough road but you can make it.

I understand how you feel. Being bald from Chemo was to fun. Are you ready for a laugh? When it finally grew back enough for me to get a haircut, I made an appointment. The lady who did my hair had some really irritating rich clients. Went in early and a lady was sitting there. Told my hairdresser how excited I was for my hair cut. The lady waiting said, "I had to wait two weeks because she was on vacation." Told her I was excited because I had been bald from Chemo. It just slipped out and I felt bad. My hairdresser went into the back room. Went to apologize and she was back there laughing her ass off. She thanked me. It will grow back.

samomaha 17

I've been through cancer also although no chemo. I know it's tough, but I hope you can find some light and laughter. My sister had breast cancer and lost all of her hair, which was nearly waist long. She had our other sister draw a picture on the b ack of her head using permanent ink. The pic was a man pushing a lawn mower around! And she often went without head covering, just to show off her new art!