Can't be bothered

By anabolic - 27/02/2009 23:05 - United States

Today, my boss said he was giving me a significant raise. After he requested the payroll department to raise my salary they informed him he needed to fill out a one-sheet form. He took my raise away because he didn't want to fill the sheet out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 874
You deserved it 2 742

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hahah, I'm having a difficult time seeing how they deserved this one.

#8 is right, this is not exactly the prime time to be wandering out there on the job market, nor to cash in on that nest egg. The "get a new job" argument works...if you're still stuck in the 90s.

Comments

Hahah, I'm having a difficult time seeing how they deserved this one.

@ #4... as if it's just so easy to go out and find a new job in times like these. @ OP - sorry, but can't see this happening.

SEXMUFFIN21 0

that's obviously not true. if you really deserved the raise, he would have filled the sheet out

#8 is right, this is not exactly the prime time to be wandering out there on the job market, nor to cash in on that nest egg. The "get a new job" argument works...if you're still stuck in the 90s.

King_of_Kings 3

dude almost the same thing happened to me but he had to do a full evaluation, send it to his boss, and then actually give me an evaluation. he didn't like to do that. it took me 2 months to force him to do it and in the end, his boss wouldn't let me have a raise because i was only good and not excellent. and only excellent managers deserve raises even though i was being graded on things that i'm not required to do so i'm not good at them. i don't ever do them. my boss handed me $20 though even though it could get him fired. he said that i deserved it. i love my boss. even if he is lazy.

musicalmandi16 0