Bye bye

By TheoBuckner - 21/01/2010 03:31 - United States

Today, I found out that I was being laid off via an email that wasn't even spell checked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 945
You deserved it 2 289

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Im sorrsies butt we at te dictonary compony think ou are better suted at working somwhere elses, good luck in futere job searcing"

Comments

xlostwithoutu 0

Uh yeah I have insomnia too but I'm on my iPhone fml app... MLIA is my life is average... they arnt funny at all and like every submission gets posted

perdix 29

"Deer sir, Do too thee's pore economic thymes, Wii will know longer bee kneading yore cervixes. Ewe will get you're last Czech in the male on Fry Day." The spell-checker had no problem with that. ;)

Fr0gg13 0

I'm pretty sure you can sue for improper termination...look into it.

I'm pretty sure she can't. She was LAID OFF. There doesn't need to be a reason for it.

I got laid off in a letter full of grammatical errors. I was a proofreader. I laughed really hard at the irony.

 perdix win! I purely read these comments for yours!

When I got laid off, my boss sent an email announcement to the office. Our company only had 20 employees and 3 of us got laid off. He managed to misspell each of our names in some way. We had all worked for the company at least five years. (I'd been there 10.) And the rest of the email was full of bad grammar (no other misspellings, apparently spell-check got those), but not spelling our names correctly - ouch.

You know, in some places, that means you're not fired. If you get a write-up or termination notice with a name on it that is not your legal name (spelled exactly as it is on official records), they can't do jack shit. That's how I escaped half the write-ups I got at my previous job, they were all addressed to a "K***** Johnson", and that just isn't my name!

no, we got actual paperwork (spelled correctly because it was prepared by me, since I was the HR person. that sucked too.) that was just his email to the office saying so long, stop by their office or cubicle today cause they won't be here tomorrow, we'll miss them, sorry to see them go...and the rest of you are safe, since this will alleviate our financial concerns.