Broken equipment

By Anonymous - 21/08/2020 07:08 - United Kingdom - Stockport

Today, my girlfriend and I had an argument about wanting kids, as I want to have kids but she doesn’t. I explained the situation to my sister. She just kicked me in the nuts and said, “There, problem solved.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 577
You deserved it 453

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is a difference in life values. I'm sorry to tell you that if she isn't willing to change her mind, you have to change your mind or situation. It isn't worth continuing a relationship knowing your values and wants don't align.

dragonfly08330 10

why should she have children she does not want? on the flip side...you shouldn't be deprived of having the family you want....sounds like you 2 have an expiration date

Comments

This is a difference in life values. I'm sorry to tell you that if she isn't willing to change her mind, you have to change your mind or situation. It isn't worth continuing a relationship knowing your values and wants don't align.

I don't think that's what the FML was about

Mathalamus 24

Why would you want kids anyway...?

dragonfly08330 10

why should she have children she does not want? on the flip side...you shouldn't be deprived of having the family you want....sounds like you 2 have an expiration date

Women think they have something over men because men have nuts and they don’t. Women also have a Kryptonite. If she kicked you hard enough and you feel strongly enough about it then just come up behind her sometime with a pair of scissors. SNIP! All of a sudden her hair is only a fraction of the length it once was! 😊

You could also wait until she's sleeping and shave off one of her eyebrows. Or carefully trim the eyelashes of one eye. Or cut her hair AND write something on the back of her neck while she's sleeping.

Susan Yee 9

Then just break up and find someone who has the same life goal.

bobsanction 18

Time to get a new girlfriend.

shoulda broken up and told your that's why she can't find a decent partner

Yummi_913 18

If she really doesn't want kids then PLEASE don't have kids with her. Babies can be SO difficult. There's a reason the nurses emphasise DON'T SHAKE THE BABY. Because you will find yourself in the situation of wanting to do just that many times out of frustration, desperation, and sleep deprivation. It takes focusing on your love for the kid not to do so. And if she already doesn't want a kid, she might not be able to stay level headed enough to not hurt it. If family is truly something important for you to have in your life it's best you find a woman that shares in that with you. After all, don't you want a good mother for your children instead of a resentful one? My own mother never wanted children. Lemme tell ya, it does NOT lead to a good childhood.

Don't argue with her. Just communicate. This is a huge life decision. Probably the biggest life decision you will make. If she really doesn't want children, then that could very well be a deal-breaker. That's okay. She's your girlfriend, not your wife, and it sounds like that's for the best. You could try borrowing a baby. Many parents are happy to be free for a night or three. You could volunteer as a big brother to see if you really like kids so much. Then if you still have a difference of opinion, don't argue, and probably don't compromise. Try finding someone with compatible life goals. Lots of women are looking for men who are willing to make a commitment, and want a family.