Broke

By Anon - 22/03/2012 23:32 - United States - Stony Point

Today, I spotted a $100 bill on the ground. Being a little strapped for cash, I excitedly picked it up. I discovered it was one of those religious tract papers made to look like a folded bill, with a message scolding me for being greedy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 044
You deserved it 4 836

Same thing different taste

Top comments

blink182AAR 6

Well what if someone picked it up to return? Finding money isn't being greedy, better than letting it go to waste. Don't religious people have better things to do?

Those suck. I found one that said "don't get too excited, it's only 10 bucks"

Comments

no one should be shamed for wanting money. everything costs money. its not like religions are any better always asking for money.

So... the same thing didn't happen...?

I'm going to go on a limb here and say that OP is pissed. Meme destroyed. U mad bro?

SpruceDread4578 13

That's totally ****ing rude. Who wouldn't pick money up, regardless of their motivation? Not to mention I can't think of a single religious denomination that doesn't accept cash handouts from its congregation.

Did it at least teach you how to pray and make money come to you?

What the ****? How would picking up $100 from the ground means that you're greedy? Technically, it has no owner. So it is yours for the taking. Whoever made that fake bill with that message should look in the dictionary what "greedy" actually means.

Strafeh 9

That's religion at its best right there.

You should go to their church and make a very generous donation of $100. When they take it and see it's just their own tract, say, "See how it feels?" Assholes.

afunnyterdcody 5

Dead seriouse that has to be the best comment you could possibly post for the fml

It's not greedy to pick that up, your just picking up litter, helping the economy, saving a tree, and keeping the money out of the hands of a crack head. You did the right thing.

DrNuggetcase 3

I guarentee if those "religious" people that made that dollar saw a $100 bill on the street they'd pick it up too. I'm not anti religious, but I can't stand close minded, holier than thou pricks like that.

Kind of ironic considering how much money some church's have. I mean no one makes more money than Jesus.