BIKES!

By _aPerson_ - 22/04/2016 15:58 - Canada - Airdrie

Today, I lost the key to my bike lock. I ended up having to cut it off, even though it was brand new. After spending 30 minutes hacking away at it, it finally came off. When I hopped onto my bike, I felt something poking my leg. My key was in my pocket the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 833
You deserved it 20 921

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI. Why was that not the first place you looked?

YDI. I agree with #1, that seems like a really obvious place to look before getting a saw and destroying the lock

Comments

FalloutScrolls 25

I'm gonna have to go with YDI because whenever I lose my keys, I check my pockets probably fifty times. You know... before finding them in the refrigerator or something.

YDI. Pay better attention to where you put things, and maybe actually search your pockets instead of just pat-pat.

Can't find my key on the ground. No couldn't be in my pocket. Prolly should cut my new bike lock off without really looking for the key. Logic.

This reminds me of my former father-in-law. He lost his keys at a gas station (like, the whole set), had to call a dealership to get a new one made, which took hours, and cost a lot. When he finally sat down in his truck, he found his keys. Somehow when he went to the restroom, his keys found their way into his underwear. So if that idiot can lose a full set of keys while they should have been jabbing into his balls, it's not *that* shocking that OP lost a small lock key in his pocket.

At least nobody attacked you or tried to arrest you for "stealing" the bike?

CrassKal 27

Yeah, what gives? I know OP is innocent in this case, but how can some spend half an hour performing a very shady behavior and no one does anything?

#25 - Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I got the impression that the bike was in a public place. If it was at OP's house/apartment, he should have known the key was in his pocket because he was obviously intending to ride the bike. I mean, I've forgotten things too but I repeatedly look through my bag, wallet, pockets, etc. before I do anything stupid like that. So I guess OP should count himself lucky that he didn't get into trouble for his shady behaviour. Unless it was late at night or early in the morning and nobody was around... Oh Jesus, I don't know.

Did you check your pockets before breaking the lock?

Be grateful that no one thought you were trying to steal someone's bike and you didn't get in trouble with the law,sorry though, OP.

corky1992 33

Did you not check? or was it wedged a certain way that you couldn't find it until you sat down on your bike?

People acting like they never misplaced keys. Im sure OP had looked in his pockets , but funny thing is they usually don't seem to be there when you need them. Keys get lost inside the pockets and can't be found no matter how deep you dig inside them.