Bean.

By BeanThereRuinedThat - 22/03/2017 12:00

Today, my partner proposed to me during an anniversary dinner at a small, quiet Italian restaurant near where we live. We'd never been before, but the food was great, and the staff lovely. It all would have been perfect, if not for the dozens of pictures of Mr. Bean which covered every wall. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 335
You deserved it 1 053

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh, I absolutely adore Mr Bean! I grew up watching him. I was a quiet little girl, almost to the point of being mute. Nothing made me smile or laugh; my mom and dad making funny faces didn't work either. The one thing that got me going was Mr Bean. I'll always treasure him.

Hey, don't knock Mr. Bean. Rowan Atkinson is a legend.

Comments

Dude. Who cares? The moment is memorable and you can plan your wedding to perfection.

skulleerozwell 3

At least you'll always remember it?

Some women call their "happy point" "down there" Mr. Bean! lol

samshxxxx2345xxyzzxx 2

I am going out on a limb and guess you are not happy with the way things turned out. Maybe you're not ready for the commitment or were waiting for an ex to return to you... If you can point to the only "bad" thing of having to endure Mr Beans photos, and it disturbed you enough to come to FML, I hope you did not say yes to your partner. I don't see the point of it. If you were excited or happy you'd have picked up on something happy to focus on. instead you chose to pick up the thing most people would not be offended by.

HanBanana15 9

First off, I have to say congratulations! While I get where you're coming from and agree that for some, Mr. Bean-covered walls might not be the best design for a romantic moment, it will for sure be that much more memorable. Imagine in the future, when you see Mr. Bean and instantly smile, remembering this moment. That's true romance, in my opinion. It's not always going to be perfect, because it's real life. And that's beautiful. I also have to commend you for your choice of username. Pretty clever! Best wishes, OP.

You are the only one here who assumed that she said Yes. You truly are optimistic. God bless.

Even if wasn't mr Bean, a woman wearing a shoe you always wanted was in your vision you'd be dissatisfied, life is not perfect, get over it, as is the case with this comment that will be downvoted.