Bad start

By Anonymous - 20/11/2010 00:49 - United States

Today, I was running the track at my school. My crush of two years was running in front of me, so I decided to catch up and finally talk to her. When I caught up, the only thing I could think to say was, "What's your name?" even though I already knew. She replied, "Natalie". Her name is Melissa. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 236
You deserved it 7 406

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shadyecko 0

Natalie, Melissa, pretty much the same thing if you ask me. It's either that or she has alter egos.

Queen_of_Night 20

You've have a crush on a girl for 2 years who you obviously have never spoken to because you knew her name but she had so little knowledge of you that she gave you a fake name. I have 2 words for you that I think will be in your near future, Restraining Order

Comments

Queen_of_Night 20

You've have a crush on a girl for 2 years who you obviously have never spoken to because you knew her name but she had so little knowledge of you that she gave you a fake name. I have 2 words for you that I think will be in your near future, Restraining Order

mintcar 9

Maybe Melissa is her stripper name.

sourgirl101 28

Haha mintcar! There's a joke that your stripper name should be your first pet's name and street you have lived on. Mine would be "Frisky Nightingale"

mintcar 9

You live on a street called Nightingale? There's actually a really beautiful painting by Max Ernst called "Two Children are Threatened by a Nightingale." Also, mine would be Hoopsie(I'm not sure on how we settled on that name) Alderton.

dudeitsdanny 9

I'm Sebastian Germain if it's the street where I first lived. My name ******* sucks. But better than Walter or Carl, my turtles' names. Or Froggy Longfellow Germain. But Sebastian Germain sounds like a Yale legacy frat kid, haha.

sourgirl101 28

Pendatik!(: Frisky's my stripper name. My pornstar name would be Jezebel. I do have an evil side.

sourgirl101 28

Danny, it only sucks if you were planning on becoming a stripper with that name.(: but long-fellow might work.

Tikwichka 5

Hmmm... Doesn't quite work for me... Bogart West Edith. I think I will stick to my day job.

Ebony Dyson. I tell you, that's a girls name if anything. I wouldn't want to suck it like a Dyson.

Dusty Carlisle the first time I heard this (as **** name though). That was many pets and many streets ago. Pepper Park Lane, Frisky Spitz, Curly Swallowtail, etc. I'm my own **** production company.

Misskreher 30

I would be Max Club Congress...

AKBO47 0

you fail. it was probably a different chick or your just stupid

dudeitsdanny 9

You've liked her for two years, chances are she knows you know her name. You're an idiot for asking her, honestly. Cheesy pick up lines would have been better, but you seem douchey so maybe not. Either way, when you meet a girl, introduce yourself, don't ask her to introduce herself, even if you don't know her name. It shows that you're interested, and willing to share your name with her as well. Next time you see her, say something like "So, which one are you today, Natalie or Melissa?" be witty, ffs. Tease her without being hurtful.. Be funny.. If she doesn't blow you off after what I told you to say, try not to kill the conversation.. Be witty and fun to be around. If she doesn't blow you off and you can do that.. You stand a chance. If she blows you off at all anymore.. You're ******. But you still deserve it for asking her name.. She KNOWS you know her name.

Ladies and gentlemen! I give you the lead of Hitch-2! :P

dudeitsdanny 9

Haha, I really wanna see Hitch now.. I never have =( But my friends tell me i remind them of a more romantic version of the guy from The Ugly Truth ;P

this is actually brilliant advice. maybe op should take a page from your book:)

mintcar 9

I haven't seen Hitch either. I think it's because I'm lame.

Hitch and The Ugly Truth are both amazingly hilarious movies. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't seen them both. I mean, how funny was the qtip dance?!

23, give the guy a bit of a break. When you're nervous to death/talking to your crush, you can't rationally think of good things to say.

there is 2 explinations for that. 1) she's not interested or 2) she has alter egos.

DAN_THA_GR8 12

That blows bro but I gotta agree with # 23

suzuki2005 2

your gonna get some serious sympathy rebound pussy and this is a good month for that

klumzy0123456789 6
lovemycharlies2 0

what a bitch she sounds lame anyway for giving a fake name as boring as Natalie. Whenever dudes asked me my name I'd say Todd although I'm clearly female. However i did this for my own sick immature amusement it had nothing to do with being interested or not. Maybe she just thought it was funny? like giving you a fake name would make you disappear you obviously go to the same school. Just sayin'

didn't you get the memo that all names are now unisex? |the kid|

Hey at least you play into our hands with saying your name is Todd. makes conversation so much easier then. Being interesting and stuff.