Bad omen

By blairheir721 - 17/05/2009 04:20 - United States

Today, my friend Kate and I were helping build a playground. Halfway through, a construction worker asked where we go to school. I told him we graduated and proudly held degrees in Psych. The construction worker stopped mid-dig, glanced at us sadly, and said, "Yeah, that's what my degree is in too." FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 481
You deserved it 8 859

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FrostyNorth 0

Unless you're going beyond a four-year degree, psych is useless. This shouldn't surprise you as more psych degrees are handed out than any other concentration last time I checked.

You have to be willing to move where the job is. If you aren't willing to move, then yeah..you might end up there. I knew astrophys' and microbiologists working in an inking factory because they couldn't find jobs in the area.

Comments

hmmm... my sis is getting her psych degree, and her best friend is Kate... LISA is that you?

pancakelover 0

I have to agree with almost everyone on here. Psychology is one of those degrees you get when you just want a degree.

GR3453m0nk3y 4

this is the first fml to be in the 2 millions!!!! :D idk why thats so exciting

@ 42 Psychology might be an area of study you just enter to get a degree. Art however..... art is a degree you get when you want people to laugh at you. sorry I couldn't resist that one.

"... proudly held degrees in psych." EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

claiireee1 0

good luck going anywhere without a PhD in psych!

Thank you #13...# 20 thats sooo wrong #13 thanksk

I guess you didn't realize that when you were building that playground, you weren't doing volunteer work -- you were doing post-graduate studies! :)

iTunesAddict 0

Um. I start at university this fall as a psych major. maybe ill just go with spanish instead! thanks for the heads up ;p

#21- Psych is not the easiest college course, trust me. I'm a Psychology major as well and a Bachelor's in it won't do you too good. The best bet is to obtain your PhD and get that research in (you'll make a lot of money w/ the grants you earn & what have you). Or, if you're not too keen on doing research, you can obtain a PsyD :), you'll be a doctor regardless but some people just hold people with a PhD higher :P. Don't let that get you down, maybe he didn't try hard enough to fulfill his aspirations and just settled (which isn't too bad since construction workers make A LOT of money).