Another fine mess

By Anonymous - 15/09/2012 04:44 - United States - Modesto

Today, the gas company came to connect our stove for free. While here, they broke our hot water heater, shut it off, and issued us a hazard notice. We can fix it, but they won't be able to come back for another two weeks to turn the gas back on. We don't have any hot water until then. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 561
You deserved it 1 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If they broke it, they have to fix it for free, and do it right. It's legal code for them to. (i do these things for a living)..Otherwise you'd win in a court case if it happens to cost you a few grand. Water heaters are quite expensive. So give them a warning or something.

perdix 29

Cold showers build character and rid the mind of perverted thoughts.

Comments

Call and ask to speak to a supervisor. Since they broke it, they are responsible. Don't take no for an answer! Be respectfully cranky.

At-least they did your stove for free :D.

rseilicki 0

Is there kids in the house if so you're a priority and they gotta do it within like 48 hours

fromthesuck 8

Actually I say you need to put on your big girl panties and call them up and raise hell. Don't stop raising hell till you get results. Don't just sit there and complain about how someone else screwed you over. This the reason customer service doesn't exist anymore. They've gotten too used to just dropping a few lines and saying there's nothing try can do and the customer walking away with their tail tucked.

jaytee1994 9

You can complain and get money from them. Or have to do all the work. You just gotta make some calls and talk to the right person.

miah7676 5

Go to the gas meter on side of house and turn it back on! It's simple.

That would be theft of service & is illegal

I have an idea. Every time you want to take a shower in these next two weeks go on a run. You'll be hot and want to take a cold shower plus it's good for you.

If your stoves & other gas appliances are working then your gas is not off, just your water heater. Chances are when they worked on your stove they had to shut off the meter & when they turned it back on, they need to relight all the gas appliances & check them for safety. Your water heater was probably not up to codes so the company would not be able to keep it on & would have to tag it for being unsafe. If you don't want to wait two weeks for a service call you can hire any licensed plumber or heating contractor to make the repairs & relight the pilot. There are no law that households with elderly or children get priority. I work for a gas utility in Pennsylvania & I'm not sure if the laws are the same in California but you can check with your public utility commission.