An Inconvenient Thief

By Satver7 - 10/03/2017 22:00

Today, after meeting a girl for the first time and having sex with her, I found not only my wallet missing but also the 128 GB pen drive that had my project I've been working on for 6 months on it. I have to give the presentation in 3 days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 208
You deserved it 4 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not going to be a judgmental guy and say that you deserved it for having a quick hookup. I will, however, be a smart computer user and say you deserved it for keeping such an important project only on a flash drive. Back up important stuff to at least 3 places!

Well..... I hope the sex was at least protected

Comments

Have you ever heard of Google Docs or online documents?

But... but... why would you not save that elsewhere??

Like so many others, I am wondering why anyone would think it is a good idea to keep such an important project on just a pen drive.

Vampirequeen346 8

Well you deserved it for having sex with someone you only met for the first time. Do people ever learn?

GofuckY0urSe1f 2

if your going to have a one night stand you leave everything behind

Tsukiyomi 16

You basically painted a target on yourself

Hey Guys OP here. The sex was protected. The girl was a one of the hottest cheer leader at my Uni that I had been wanting to get hooked up to. I had about 70 something dollars in my wallet and the loss of pen drive was disastrous. I did confront her later that week. She denies everything. And about my work. I found a back up on Google Drive but it was a month old. I eventually stayed up and got all the work done in about 8 hours. The presentation went perfectly fine.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
rossbilly 7

cloud storage - it's been free for over a DECADE, and you can't 'lose it' like a flash drive. If you already knew about that, then this is YOUR fault for being a stubborn dumb ass.