Almost done

By Anonymous - 09/04/2013 04:59 - Canada

Today, it's my 17th birthday, and the first birthday since my mother died, leaving me to live with my previously-absent father. He gave me pretzels and a laser pointer, and said, "Happy birthday, fuckstick." One more year… FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 590
You deserved it 3 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As much as his own fuckstick is the reason you're here in the first place, I feel he could've handled this a little better.

enormouselephant 15

This FML is so sad, I'm sorry OP! Laser not forget to point out- HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)

Comments

That's so sad... I'm sorry, OP. I hope you have a great birthday anyway!

soad2014 7

I can tell you from personal experience that first birthdays after the death of a parent are not easy. I turned 17 nine months after my dad died from car accident injuries. Your dad does not need to treat you that way. What a disrespectful son of a bitch. Hope you have a great birthday alive in your mom's memory. And if that's the way he treats you, he's more of a sperm donor than an actual father.

You might want to check if you have more "distant" relatives to live with - aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.

Happy Birthday! Spend it with friends and make your own self happy.

Keep on going! You can count down the days, one by one :)

I know how you feel, Mister/Madam. My father for my 17th birthday sent me a text telling me he was changing his number and cutting contact with me and my mother.

It's ok sweetie it does get better I had to live with my abusive step mum for 5 years after my mum died you will get through this it will make you a much stronger person !

I know how you feel, though i didnt get a present from my father and i am 18

Any other nicer family members you could live with? So sorry about the loss of your mom.