Alexa, play "Trust" by Low

By Anonymous - 09/11/2022 08:00 - United States - Berthoud

Today, I figured out that I've maybe never 100 percent completely trusted anybody, and that it's been sabotaging all my relationships. Several weeks back, my dad said something along the line that I've never trusted them. I'm 27 and my life's a mess maybe because I can't make people feel like I do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 566
You deserved it 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's tough, several of my worst decisions were trusting the wrong people. The lesson is "trust, but verify" especially if money is involved.

Like you do what? Like you trust them? Or that they shouldn't trust anyone? If you d9nt trust anyone, sounds like you had some issues growing up. If you never trusted your parents, they didn't provide the right upbringing.

Comments

Like you do what? Like you trust them? Or that they shouldn't trust anyone? If you d9nt trust anyone, sounds like you had some issues growing up. If you never trusted your parents, they didn't provide the right upbringing.

Wait, Berthoud? Small town, but I've been there hundreds of times.

you can't trust anyone anymore. your own family will do you dirty af. the key to not sabotaging relationships is enjoy it while you can but understand it's only temporary

I once had a boss who seemingly never trusted anyone - Even though he knew them and they were trustworthy. It turned out he played fast and loose with the truth himself - So I think he assumed others were untrustworthy like him… And on the other hand my wife has a neurological condition that affects her memory and as I tell people, “She’s paranoid to make up for the memory issues.” And apparently in her dating and first husband part of her life, she was lied to… God only knows why you have trust issues OP. I think the two most common root causes are either not being trustworthy and assuming that others are like you, or having been too trusting of someone who betrayed you. Think about past relationships, were you always trustworthy? If not, then you could be projecting your own traits on others. Or were you trustworthy yourself but someone else abused your trust and betrayed you?… I think that trust is a very important characteristic but there are limits to healthy trust. Too much blind trust of others can get you hurt and erode your trust and faith in humanity. Or having a tendency towards being dishonest and untrustworthy yourself will lead you expect that of others and result in being untrusting even where there is no reason. You have to thread the eye of the needle with trust - Trust people who have shown themselves to be trustworthy, but don’t too easily trust people you don’t know well.

That's tough, several of my worst decisions were trusting the wrong people. The lesson is "trust, but verify" especially if money is involved.