Alexa, play "Five Years" by David Bowie

By elle - 19/11/2013 17:31 - United States - Round Lake

Today, I saw a psychiatrist for the first time. After telling her everything I'm going through, she looked at me and said "You know… every five years or so I get a case completely beyond my ability to help." I guess it's been five years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 555
You deserved it 3 388

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you should look for a different therapist....

Littlelee240 11

At least she was honest with you instead of pretending to help and taking your money for weeks.

Comments

HilarityOfLife 8

They don't know how to be a psychiatrist. The only time there's a lost cause is when the client is too thick to understand they have a problem. Even then, you don't tell them there's no hope. Keep your head high OP! You're doing great already by willing to express your concerns professionally. :)

Wow that is so unprofessional! I'm a counseling intern, and I have heard stories that would break your heart. But I would never tell a client that they were beyond help! That is just unethical!

Time to find a more competent one! Good luck op!

JudgeComrade 17

And that's why there are druuuugs!

That sucks, but it doesn't necessarily mean either you are hopeless or the psychiatrist is incompetent. It could just be that you're a case that happens to be quite unusual and while she's an expert in X condition (something really common like depression or anxiety), she may not have the specialist skills to deal with your issues. For example, I went to a psychiatrist with what I assumed was depression or anxiety. It soon turned out to be something else so I was referred to a specialist. It didn't mean she was bad at her job, just she had the wrong job to be able to deal with me specifically.

Well things will get better for you things always get better no matter what you just have to find some friends to get through this with how about me I'll help you with your tough times

Sophie_Hart 9

How did this psychiatrist get a degree.

Therapists/Psychiatrists are the WORST doctors for this shit. my last psychiatrist interrupted me while I was telling her something about myself and told me I was wrong and started with "let me put on my doctor hat for a moment here--" I stormed out of the office and refused to see her ever again. DOCTOR HAT? I don't think you're capable of having a REAL degree, let alone assess what's wrong with me.