Alcohol ain't no joke

By WellPlayedMother - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff

Today, I discovered, after years of being grounded for losing my belongings, that I didn't actually lose anything. Instead, my mom drunkenly admitted to tossing my stuff away and then punishing me for it whenever she was mad at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 700
You deserved it 1 072

Top comments

airdude25 18

Your mom is a freaking douche. I'm sorry OP!

Comments

And when she wonders why you shift her from one bad nursing home to another, let her know that the quality of the home depends on whatever random mood you're in that day :)

First time i even hear about being grounded for losing something... It's not like people do it on purpose. "Hmm i think i should loose my keys right now."

i am very sorry OP my mom is an alcoholic and it is a disease, nothing good ever comes from alcohol or drugs. it ruins your life and the close ones around you

What a terrible mother and a worse human being Is there an option for you to get drunk and toss her out?

Not parenting at its best but parenting fail at its best.

That's gaslighting, which is considered perhaps one of the most damaging forms of psychological abuse.

lukcy_basartd 11

**** to be you OP, that's pretty shitty of her. I'd randomly attack her with silly string and party streamers till I felt satisfied. That's just me tho, I use humor to counter pain. I got really upset at my Mom once, and I just appealed to my sense of humor and chucked hamburger buns at her. That's just us tho, we're friends that get mad at each other for different shit. Goodluck sorting it OP.

If she needed to create a reason to ground you then she must've been mad for no real reason. This is so unfair and potentially abusive behavior. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

bredahl 26

I would throw away her alcohol and then accuse her of losing it while she was drunk.