Ah, those were the times…

By Anonymous - 27/12/2013 20:50 - United States - Ely

Today, my 19-year-old brother subjected me to yet another rant about how the writers of My Little Pony aren't writing the show for people like him any more, the "true fans", otherwise known as pimply-faced adults who don't use deodorant and only shower once a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 496
You deserved it 4 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nederlander95 14

Sorry you have to live with this kid. How does one get into my little pony anyway?

Damn Bronys. Hows his fedora collection?

Comments

The adult mlp fandom is weird, ok, the show is for little girls and adults want to complain about the plot? Sure, you can like the show, but don't take it to the next level, don't get sexual with it like the one form of bronies, don't complain, OK? The show isn't written for adults, so the adults need to be actual adults and get over it or something, and when did they become the "true" fans anyway?

Wizzlbang 10

I love the show, and I agree wholeheartedly. Other fans need to understand that when it boils down to it, this show wasn't intended for us. and it if was, it wouldn't be the same. It confuses the shit out of me when someone decided they like something, but then bitch about it being what it is.

Rokara 10

With the one form of Bronies, are you talking about the Cloppers? Nothing wrong with Cloppers. It is just a more specialized form of Furries. However, there is a time and place for everything.

TallMist 32

#186 Uhh, I'm a furry and I HATE the sexual side of the community. Furry art should be cute and playful, not sexual and provocative.

TallMist 32

Well, I wouldn't say I hate the sexual side. More like that I hate that it's the only side of the community that people see.

You hateful assholes. Bashing someone for liking something you don't think is meant for them is such a rude thing to do. Just let people enjoy what they want, jesus

I've noticed that anytime a person has a normal, visceral reaction against something these days (you know, like how freaking creepy it is for men to be into a preschool cartoon ), there's always a handful of "tolerance police" there to tell them how judgmental they are for having their very normal aversion to it. "Hey, what's your problem with adults who like to wear diapers and breastfeed, man? Different strokes for different folks!" I miss when people understood that some shit is just depraved and deviant, and didn't defend every bizarro action as "beautiful self expression we should all celebrate."

Yes, I totally miss the days where people bullied me for my actions, I miss the days where people like you convinced my mother that she also had to try and bully it out of me. Oh btw, I'm autistic and at that moment had no idea of how to behave 'normal' or even realised that I wasn't behaving 'normal'. Judgemental people like you still ruin my live every single day. I have a reason for my abnormal behaviour, do you have a reason for kicking people like me when we are already down and will never ever fit in?

You clearly don't understand the difference between different and depraved. And because you don't, and neither does anyone else, we have people equating respecting differences in PEOPLE with tolerating (and these days, celebrating ) every kind of revolting and depraved BEHAVIOR. Really? You really think we have to condone grown men acting like freakish idiots over a pony cartoon so that you can be treated with dignity? You REALLY see these things as equal?

They never were writing it for us fans but I'm sad they cut derpy out. Also I'm a huge fan and I'm definitely not a pimply faced dude. your brother needs to learn to love and tolerate that it always has been and always will be written for the kids.

Rokara 10

I hope they bring back Derpy. She was my favorite background Pony.

They never were writing it for us fans but I'm sad they cut derpy out. Also I'm a huge fan and I'm definitely not a pimply faced dude. your brother needs to learn to love and tolerate that it always has been and always will be written for the kids.

SobrietyKills 14

I'm glad you clarified this. For a moment I thought he was a Whovian.

Hey don't dis on BRONIES. They're some really awesome well known people out there who are BRONIES.

I work with a girl who is this description to a T. She always asks me if I'm one of the fans. I can't remember what the name is. I feel your pain. It's hard working with her. I can't even imagine living with her.

not all bronies are like that. stupid stereotype..

There's something wrong with it when they create it into a sexual fantasy. Not saying OP's brother does, but I know of so many grown men who ********** to the show