A good thing? Really?

By Anonymous - 20/06/2023 12:00

Today, my daughter had to deal with a Karen at her job, lost her temper, and punched her unconscious just to shut her up. Sounds like a good thing, right? Wrong, she pressed charges, got my daughter arrested, and she’s now facing years in prison for grievous bodily harm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 273
You deserved it 1 301

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What part of that sounds like a good thing? Yeah, when you punch someone and it isn’t in self defense, that’s battery and you’ll probably be arrested.

As satisfying as the idea of Karens getting punched out is, it's obviously against the law. Send the news account of this story to Marjorie Taylor Greene to let her know people like your daughter are out there.

Comments

As satisfying as the idea of Karens getting punched out is, it's obviously against the law. Send the news account of this story to Marjorie Taylor Greene to let her know people like your daughter are out there.

“Sounds like a good thing, right?” No. No, it does not.

What part of that sounds like a good thing? Yeah, when you punch someone and it isn’t in self defense, that’s battery and you’ll probably be arrested.

Vesi 29

OP's daughter did the punching, not OP.

General “you”, not “you personally, specifically”.

Vesi 29

I am genuinely curious why either of you thought responding to verbal altercation with physical assault was a good idea? Let me tell you something my therapist told me decades ago. YOU are responsible for YOUR feelings and how you respond to outside stimulus. The right answer? Just stand and stare. Don't respond, don't talk, don't do anything but stare at them IF you cannot walk away (such as working in retail). If THEY resort to physical assault, then it's all hands in but the first person to lay hands on is the one that is at fault. I honestly hope your daughter attends classes on anger management and actually takes it to heart and uses the tools given during those classes. Hopefully she will respond much better (and legally) if that ever happens again.

lalalaila777 24

who does the law protect? when marijuana prison sentences are still being served, but they're making cannabis products for dogs, and pedophiles get a slap on the wrist, instead of mandatory death sentences

firm believer in more people need to start being punched in the mouth

Yeah, though sometimes you just have to tell yourself you don't like wearing prison jumpsuits and settle for tolerating BS.