By lonely-mind - 17/09/2018 06:30 - United States - Jackson

Today, my thighs started chafing 3 hours before the end of my work shift. Now they burn no matter what I do. I still have an 8-hour shift tomorrow and I can barely walk. To make it worse, my mom's only words of advice involved me losing weight so it "doesn't happen again". FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 632
You deserved it 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don’t know what your job is, but I wear mesh basketball shorts under my work pants whenever I might get chafing. (I’m a female in construction) And I disagree with the losing weight statement. It may help, but may or may not eliminate thighs that rub. Sometimes it’s anatomy. Good luck tho.

I love how half the comments assume people can't have naturally thick thighs and not be overweight. Different body types, people, we have them!

Comments

Emma Marshall 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don’t know what your job is, but I wear mesh basketball shorts under my work pants whenever I might get chafing. (I’m a female in construction) And I disagree with the losing weight statement. It may help, but may or may not eliminate thighs that rub. Sometimes it’s anatomy. Good luck tho.

Ok apart from the fact that some people are just built that way and never really have a thigh gap - somehow I doubt you'd lose the necessary amount of weight to relief you of chafing until TOMORROW. So yeah I'm pretty sure the internet has some helpful tips for you (probably more targeted towards women, look into it). Sorry your mum is being so ignorant, that's really not helpful.

Well obviously the United States is not one of those places. And being underweight from starvation is not really a weight goal, is it?

kinda missed the point... this is america is not an excuse to promote being overweight (barring medical and/or body type) if they are truely overweight and that is the reason then they deserve the consequenses of their life choices

I’m glad I don’t have a chafing problems that often!

I love how half the comments assume people can't have naturally thick thighs and not be overweight. Different body types, people, we have them!

A lot of these people are really judgmental and hate overweight people with a passion for some reason. I think they enjoy the suffering of others and making people feel crappy about themselves

How is a parent advising their child to lose weight offensive? It's his mom, she probably knows if he's overweight or not. It's insane that people are sacrificing honesty and common sense in favor of decorum.

It happens to people all the time. Whether they're overweight or not. And if you're looking for advice to relieve the pain you're currently feeling, telling someone to lose weight is not helpful but hurtful. Maybe its something you say with a solution, but not on its own. "Try some baby powder tonight, body glide for the future, and maybe losing some weight might prevent it from happening again," but just saying "lose weight" isn't helpful and as has already been said- it's not necessarily a solution since plenty of people are built in a way that their legs are going to rub together no matter what weight they are.

Try body glide (runners use this), and/or some compression shorts.

bubbat101 36

You could try using aloe or hydrocortisone cream on the current chaffing. It will sting/burn when you put it on, but it does help. Baby powder can help prevent chaffing if you are comfortable using that. Best of luck!

wear boxers instead of panties. that's what I do when I feel like my thighs start getting sore. you can get a pack of womens boxers at walmart.

lillstulen 6

I use silicone based lube on my inner thigh to prevent it. Its super good