By Son - 03/09/2018 17:30 - United States

Today, after an hour-long conversation with my mom that was supposed to help fix our relationship, she said she prefers Beatrice over me and that she's moving in with her. Beatrice is not my sister, she's my older cousin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 627
You deserved it 226

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Emma Marshall 19

And? Lol now you can have your house to yourself

Can't win them all, chief. Leave her be, and if she misses you, be ready to deal with it when you're both able to.

Comments

Can't win them all, chief. Leave her be, and if she misses you, be ready to deal with it when you're both able to.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet on that😁

At least Beatrice is a real person. It would really suck to lose to Beatrice, the Imaginary Minotaur.

Emma Marshall 19

And? Lol now you can have your house to yourself

If she's anything like my MIL that will work out until Beatrice makes one wrong move, and suddenly she's gonna have another favorite. It's their way of 'punishing' people. My MIL was either 100% supportive of her son or her step-daughter, never of both. And depending on who did her more favors or was quicker to bow to her will was obviously the good child. This switched around every couple months. Sorry OP, that's gotta suck, but I think you should let your mom behave like an 8yo if that's her wish. Because that's playground talk "You don't act how I want you to so X is now my best friend instead of you!" OK then. Tell her to grow up and focus your energy on yourself.

Cooper201288 16

agree. my boyfriend's mother is the same way. just let her go and act like a child and don't give in to her demands or requests or guilt trips. live your life and don't worry about her childishness.

Some relationships with parents can’t be fixed, no matter how hard you try. Remember, every relationship requires two people trying equally. If only one person is doing all the work, then only half the ship will get built, that includes relationships between a parent and child.