Submit your FML story
- - Please note that spam and nonsensical stories will result in you being blocked from accessing FML.
Today, I was driving home with my dad after buying a new truck. We were on the freeway and the engine wasn't revving up very much. My dad thought that something was wrong with my transmission, so he reached over to change gears. Most cars won't go into reverse at high speeds. Mine does. FML
1. get a new Dad!
2. get a new truck - I presume something broke (or crashed) when Mr synapse changed gears for you?
- For those asking, my take is:
* the truck is (was) an auto;
* it was revving low because it has a higher top gear than OP's Dad is used to (could easily be - truck is new - could have a 5 speed gearbox or Overdrive);
* dipstick Dad decides truck must be in the wrong gear (FAIL - that would really only be a problem if the engine were revving too HIGH);
* so dipstick Dad tries to shift to a higher gear;
* instead of going from 4th to 5th, he goes from 5th to Reverse (via Neutral - I'm impressed...);
* truck engine and/or gearbox puke 3 shades of brown and/or truck spins or rolls
well, if there wasn't something wrong with the transmission before there definitely is now
Comments are deactivated.
Monday 1 September 2014