By lonely-mind - 04/09/2017 16:00

Today, in Tennessee, it stormed like crazy due to Hurricane Harvey. I brought my boyfriend home safely to his parents' house, but it rained harder once we arrived, so I started to wait inside. He's an adult but has a curfew, so they kicked me back out into the storm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 866
You deserved it 392

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would be a little cautious about dating a guy that dependent on his parents if I were you. The fact that he didn't try to stand up to them for something as simple as this basically means that he will never look out for you. Sorry OP.

He’s not an adult. And he’s from a family that doesn’t care about your safety. Ghost him!

Comments

Well, he's a literal son of a bitch, or bitches if you prefer.

I would be a little cautious about dating a guy that dependent on his parents if I were you. The fact that he didn't try to stand up to them for something as simple as this basically means that he will never look out for you. Sorry OP.

He’s not an adult. And he’s from a family that doesn’t care about your safety. Ghost him!

I can't remember the last time it 'stormed like crazy' over here. Just because your boyfriend is now bigger than a child, that does not make him an adult.

On the Fort Campbell/Clarksville end it did very much storm like crazy on Thursday and Friday.

If y'all get serious, I think it's pretty clear his family would be the monster-inlaws. If they have no concern for your safety. Your "man" did not defend nor care whether or not you were comfortable to drive/leave in that weather, so he isn't gunna care about much else. Ghost his punk bitch ass and get a man who cares if you are out in a Hurricane.

You need to kick that man to the curb if he's not standing up for you. The least his parents can do is let you wait in the living room until the storm has passed, especially since you took him home.

ashily24 12

I would've had a few words to say to his parents. If I made sure HE got home safe, but none of them cared about MY safety, I would've broken up with him.

Why does HIM having a curfew mean his parents have to behave like barbarans? They shouldn't turn out a visiting neighbor into a severe storm, much less someone attached to their family.

crazycatlady88 3

Time to get a new boyfriend. No real man would send his woman back out in the rain.