By Anonymous - 26/07/2015 22:43 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, I went to put a lasagna in the oven for dinner. I was greeted by a revolting scent of a chicken-soup and biscuits boxed dinner. The fridge apparently was too full for my brother to put it away inside, so he covered it up and forgot about it in the oven. We made that dinner two weeks ago. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 23 401
You deserved it 2 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You went two weeks without opening your oven??

I would like to apologise for your brothers stupidity and every other stupid thing he has ever done. This is harsh. Really unlucky OP

Comments

I would like to apologise for your brothers stupidity and every other stupid thing he has ever done. This is harsh. Really unlucky OP

Brother could have just forgotten like a normal human, doesn't make him stupid.

but who doesn't use the oven for two weeks?

savagetitan 13
5FDPmetalhead 17

Ooh sorry op. I would be so mad. Maybe you should get revenge. Put it in the vents in his room and he will suffer forever

You went two weeks without opening your oven??

In OP's defense, we don't cook with the oven very much in the summer either. It makes the house too hot. I haven't looked in my oven for at least a week or two, if not longer.

Stove > Oven, pop open a can of soup or throw on a few eggs!

I was thinking the same thing! Even here in the south I cook in the oven 3+ days a week during the summer. Cookies, cakes, dinner, and a host of other odds and ends stuff

We hardly ever cook in the oven, mainly on the cooker

It gets so hot in the summer with the oven on, we BBQ most of our meals so I can go a long while without looking in the oven as well.

wheelchairchick 11

we don't much use for our oven.

MrThump 16

I had a friend who done the same exact thing! They just laughed about it and said "what a **** up" Main thing is was the lasagna ok? I love a good lasagna...... Not so much two week old skanky chicken.

He caused that mess. Tell him to go clean it up.

Ugh, thinking about how it must've smelled is horrible enough. Time to let your brother clean it while you order some delicious food.

Did nobody notice a horrible stench in the kitchen?

Ovens are somewhat air tight. They have to be, or they wouldn't serve their purpose. Add tinfoil on top and it wouldn't have been too hard for it to go unnoticed, especially if they don't cook very often.