By sensativenose - 19/09/2009 06:35 - United States

Today, I went on a date with the girl I like to a skating rink. On the ride home she put her arm around me. Her armpits stank and I smelt them the whole hour and a half drive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 385
You deserved it 9 754

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have nonchalantly sprayed your own armpits and then accidentally sprayed hers with the same deodarant.

Easy solution. Tell her, "I feel a bit sweaty and gross from the skating rink, ok if we cuddle next time instead?" Then you aren't making her feel bad, but you get the result you want. Of course since this FML already happened, my advice is kind of useless. :-P

Comments

sublime93 0

Oh that's nasty. FYL for that night, then get over it

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Smelt "smell   /smɛl/ verb, smelled or smelt, smell⋅ing " You should probably make sure you're correct next time you try being a grammar nazi.

you'd use 'smelt' to mean "I had the sensation of the odour the whole way" but you'd use "smelled" to mean "I stuck my nose in her pit and sniffed pretty much the whole way home." smelt = correct usage.

I say YDI you took her out to a phyical activity, you should of known she was going to sweat. dont bitch about it. why werent you the one to put your arm around her?

I agree with evilbrent that smelt is correct, but it is more typically British than American. You expect smelt in Jersey, but not New Jersey. But smelt is also a fish, and we all know what smells like fish! We can only imagine that if her armpits stank, then her pussy might smell like a pile of smelt left in the sun for a week or so.

i don't understand what the problem is. This is totally normal, well at least in my hometown of South Georgia Island it is. Our deodorant smells like sweat. That way if you forget to put it on, no one will know!! Also our deodorant doesn't attract bumble bees, it does attract some flies though, especially fruit flies.

i don't understand what the problem is. In my hometown of South Georgia Island our deodorant smells like sweat. That way if you forget to put it on no one will know!!! Also our deodorant doesn't attract bumble bees! Fruit flies can be a problem though.

jhommie9696 0

Thank you i will never go to georgia now. Thanks for saving me the trip... GROSS As for the guy who wrote the FML it was nice of you not to say anything to her that would have probably been emberrassing for her though not so nice to post it on the web but at least this way its more anonymous. Kudos to you sir.

theshinepolice 0

sweat scented deodorant seems quite redundant to me. isnt the point of deodorant to make your pits smell better than they would without it? and unscented deodorant does exist so you can go outside in the woods without bees. and op i can imagine that being unpleasant. FYL.

Reyo 2

It's a sign that you're not physically compatible. I'm serious! Google it! In all seriously though, stop being a whiney little bitch and take her to the movies next time.

enu_vastanii__ 9

Yes. Smelled. I don't think it's really a big deal, I mean you guys went to a skating rink, you both were bound to sweat lol. Oh well, better luck next time :)

you deserve it that's really really mean then to go put it online? asshole

IloveFML1 0

thats not really mean,,, its just his FML ... anyway that sucks!

Because it's so mean when its anonymous. *eyeroll*

Yes, and it's so much nicer to call someone an 'asshole' than to complain anonymously about someone's BO... It's not like he gave out her name or anything. If you have that big of a problem with it, then what are you doing on FML? OP: FYL, but just take her to the movies or something next time.

imbordsoimhere 0

but then shell put her arm around him again dumba$$

amandajlucas2015 2

She was prolly stinkin cuz she just worked out.. Ice skating is a big work out so takin her to the movies would be less effort on her therefore less stink

I don't know why you're getting thumbed down, I completely agree with you. If he has such a problem with it then he should either politely tell her or just stop seeing her altogether.

Brittface 6

Ugh! Omfg. Lmfao that's so gross. BO much.

You should have nonchalantly sprayed your own armpits and then accidentally sprayed hers with the same deodarant.

Well, next time take her to a bar instead of some lame sports activity :P

Chaith 16

Anyone telling you the bar is the default destination for dates is borrrring. ;]

maybe he could have picked somewhere within 90 minutes drive of home...

Yeah, seriously. Why did he take her to a skating rink an hour and a half away? That makes no sense to me...

Not everyone lives less than 90 minutes away from a skating rink. Or maybe they have a local one but it sucks.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
CloudStrife97 9

Untrue sir, that's ducking disgusting. It's just a turn off and I've been there.

ExtremeEncounter 32

Excuse me? But a guy should? That's revolting. Personal hygiene is key.

if she hot then just bang her in the shower make sure ur cats not in there to they hurt ur legs and nipples

avalanche719 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Sagebrush 0

Who said anything about her being fat? Plenty of fat people have good hygiene. STFU, asshole.

How did you get 'fat' out of 'smelly'? WTF, dumbass.

You are such a dumb shit!!! Where in that FML did it say anything about fat..??? Anyway Skinny ppl could potentially smell aswell.. You look like such a loser!!! Lololol