By a very unlucky dude. - 18/06/2014 06:37 - Canada - Surrey

Today, I learned the valuable lesson that taking care of a baby crow isn't the best idea. He finally can fly away, but sits on my porch all day cawing for food. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 193
You deserved it 13 392

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JMichael 25

It's like when you feed a stray cat one time and it keeps coming back for more. Eventually it's gonna end up being yours.

Comments

JMichael 25

It's like when you feed a stray cat one time and it keeps coming back for more. Eventually it's gonna end up being yours.

Brings a whole new meaning to 'cat lady' presuming OP is a lady.

RedPillSucks 31

name is "a very unlucky dude" Presumable, OP is a guy.

Brody_Generico 7

My phone partially cuts off OPs name. Therefore I wasn't certain to whether it was a male or female.

86, mine does this too, I can never see the full name, which sucks cause I feel like I'm missing out on part of the joke when the name is good.

onealmxwilson 18

Not true in my experience. There was a small gray cat hanging out on my porch one day and wouldn't leave so I gave it a can of tuna and some water (which it happily devoured) and I haven't seen it since.

Actually tuna is not all that good for cats. Try feeding it chicken or salmon instead. Cats love tuna but it doesn't really work for their diet.

I take in all kinds of strays too. I'd love having a crow or a raven that hangs around like a pet but not having to keep it inside or in a cage. Feed it tinned cat food - better for it as it will have added vitamins etc. :)

Yeah that's definitely a raven, not a crow.

StillUsesMyspace 22

The poem was originally gonna use a parrot instead of a raven. You're welcome for my word vomit of random information.

Both crows and ravens are still cute to me.

The noise must be quite caw-cophonic!

You know, there's a place where they love crow puns. Its called Crowatia, not to be confused with Croatia, you would.... murder it with your crow puns there.

I think a pun involving they word cacophony is a little too advanced for the average FMLer.

1dvs_bstd 41

lol they immediately thumbs down anything they don't understand or references they don't know. :FMLers:

Fun fact: a group of crows are called a "murder of crows". I once looked up murder of crow tattoos and was amazed at some ink work people had done.

29's right: "Cawcophony" is quite advanced. A feather in your cap, 3.

well OP, you can only hope it will crow on you now.

I don't even get what you were trying to say, 65.

Thank you for being a decent human being and helping it. I, along with many other people admire that.

91hayek 31

I am impressed that OP was able to raise another living breathing creature. I have many brown plants to attest to how incompetent of a caregiver I am.

I'm sure there are dozens of neglected children who have seen reruns of Maury starring their parents. They would tell you taking care of a living thing isn't *that* hard. After all, they're still alive. ;)

91hayek 31

I suppose you're right. It's kind of a bad look if I am worse than the characters on that show.

At least you were kind in the first place,even though its still there,Maybe keep on feeding it and have a new pet

Yes, my grandmother has two 'pet' crows. They come down for every meal and she feeds them chip leftovers, breadcrumbs, the works. Their names are Sheryl and Russell, so punny.

AnOriginalName 19

The crow probably thinks that it's a pet now. Crows are very smart and can remember human faces. Sounds like this crow knows the OP now and adopted a human owner.

sexyboi1985 27

while that was very sweet, you should have known better. If you move away or simply stop feeding it, the poor bird wont know where to get food and it will die.

just like it would have if he didn't take care of it, at least it has a fighting chance now

ErnieSlim 8

Crows are very good scavengers, it's probably just taking the easy route begging from someone it knows will provide food without the hunt. That doesn't mean the bird will never know how to eat on it's own again.. OP did a good thing. Maybe try to lure the bird into a cage and drive it to a wooded area so it can thrive.

BlueFlatts 20

I can imagine what an enjoyable drive that would be. CawCaw!!

Unlikely. Crows are very intelligent birds. I've seen them manipulate discarded plastic baggies to get food out of them. I've seen them feign injury to get handouts from people. I've witnessed groups of them harassing other birds, like eagles and seagulls, in an organized fashion. They're very social birds, with a well-defined pecking order. I'm sure the crow would do okay if he neglected to feed it any longer. Still, a crow would be a cool pet, and can be taught to speak, much like a parrot.

Hey do they sell crows as pets? Cause freakin sign me up

pheonixfire13 17

Theres a guy on YouTube called peter Caine dog training, he has several videos on why you should NOT have a pet crow/raven.

That sucks.. that's nice of you though.

May as well drink some redbull so you get wings and teach it how to hunt